problem with scheduling dts package with email

problem with scheduling dts package with email

Post by Giorgio Magli » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I've created a dts package that runs a stored procedure, creates a tab
delimited
file, and then email this file to a number of people.  This works fine
if I
execute the package.  I tried scheduling this package and the job fails
to run.
I've taken the command generated for the scheduled job and run it from
the
command line and it works.  The account used for all this has been the
same.  The
mail is going through groupwise; a mail account has been set up on the
server.

Any ideas?

problem with scheduling dts package with email

Post by Giorgio Magli » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for the response.  The acounts for mail, dts creation and job
scheduling are the same.
Here's some messages written to the job log.

DTSRun:  Loading...
DTSRun:  Executing...
DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1
DTSRun OnProgress:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 473 Rows have been
transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 473
DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1
DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSSendMailTask_1
DTSRun OnError:  DTSStep_DTSSendMailTask_1, Error = -2147220351 (80040481)
   Error string:  Error sending mail: Invalid  Object.
   Error source:  Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package
   Help file:  sqldts.hlp
   Help context:  1100

Error Detail Records:

Error:  -2147220351 (80040481); Provider Error:  0 (0)
   Error string:  Error sending mail: Invalid  Object.
   Error source:  Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package
   Help file:  sqldts.hlp
   Help context:  1100

DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSSendMailTask_1
DTSRun:  Package execution complete.

> >I've created a dts package that runs a stored procedure, creates a tab
> >delimited
> >file, and then email this file to a number of people.  This works fine
> >if I
> >execute the package.  I tried scheduling this package and the job fails
> >to run.
> >I've taken the command generated for the scheduled job and run it from
> >the
> >command line and it works.  The account used for all this has been the
> >same.  The
> >mail is going through groupwise; a mail account has been set up on the
> >server.

> >Any ideas?

> Assuming you are using the Send Mail Task-

> When *you* run the package it will use your mail profile. When scheduled
> it will use the service account for SQLServerAgent's profile. Unless
> they are called the same, it will fail.

> This is my best guess with out any error messages.
> --
> Darren Green
> SQL/DTS - http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/

problem with scheduling dts package with email

Post by Darren Gree » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Thanks for the response.  The acounts for mail, dts creation and job
>scheduling are the same.
>Here's some messages written to the job log.

But are the machines?

<snip>

Quote:>DTSRun OnError:  DTSStep_DTSSendMailTask_1, Error = -2147220351 (80040481)
>   Error string:  Error sending mail: Invalid  Object.

I'm guessing but this might mean the Send Mail Task is not correctly
registered on the server. Remember DTS runs on the client machine, which
when scheduled, will be the server.

To re-create the scheduled job environment as closely as possible, logon
to the server as the SQLServerAgent user account, and test the Pkg.

A KB article that may help-
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q269/0/74.asp

--
Darren Green
SQL/DTS - http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/

1. problem with scheduling dts package with email

I've created a dts package that runs a stored procedure, creates a tab delimited
file, and then email this file to a number of people.  This works fine if I
execute the package.  I tried scheduling this package and the job fails to run.
I've taken the command generated for the scheduled job and run it from the
command line and it works.  The account used for all this has been the same.  The
mail is going through groupwise; a mail account has been set up on the server.

Any ideas?

2. Datetime and Interval

3. Scheduling DTS packages problem

4. Couple quick questions....

5. problem: dts package fails when it is scheduled...

6. Tablespace Total Space vs. Free Space: A SQL Question

7. Problem in schedule a DTS package

8. SQL Server Application Roles

9. Problem Scheduling DTS Packages

10. Problem executing a DTS Package via a Scheduled Job

11. DTS package Scheduling problems

12. problem scheduling DTS package

13. Infamous Problem Scheduling DTS Package