Search Engine with SQL and ASP

Post by Tony Li » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

From the computer book I read so far, they told me to use Stored Procedure
in stead of SQL execution in ASP.  Since I am building an internet search
engine, and I am not using stored procedure to perform searching, for
example, I use the operator "LIKE" to filter record.  My question is , how
"ineffective" would it be if I use SQL execution in ASP rather then stored
procedure?

1. Search Engine Ranking in ASP

Hi

I really don't know how to do that...

I have a search engine in asp connected to a Access 2000 database.

I have a text box where the user write his query.
I need to count how many time a word is found inside a recordset and ranking the result

Exemple:
The user type in the text box:
(test)
So the query found 20 recordsets.
In each recordset, I need to find how many time he has found the word test to rank it.

Any idea or suggestion!

Thanks!
Daniel

2. FOXPRO DB

3. search Engine, ASP

4. Restore SQL2K DB to SQL7

5. Searching multiple fields with the Excalibur search engine??

6. Group Box hides Labels

7. sql statement on search engine

8. How do I identify NULL values ?

9. SQL 7.0 and Full Text Search Engine

10. Building an Effective SQL Server 2000 Search Engine

11. SQL Query for a search engine

12. Index type Search Engine on SQL Server

13. Search Engine for SQL Text fields