How To Get The Mirrored Device Back?

Post by mira » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:24:15

I was testing the mirroring feature of SQL 6.5. I can no longer find the
mirrored device on Windows NT. I still see it listed on 'devices' on SQL.

Where is it!?

Here is what I did to get into this situation:
             1. mirrored device containing db on a different drive
             2. stopped drive
             3. deleted dat file for databse via NT
             4. re started server.........was able to see all objects of the
                 database.

So, on SQL I see the database device listed under devices; but I cant see it
on Windows NT!
On windows NT I only see the MIRRORED device.

Now if I stop the mirroring then I assume i would loose the db since I don't
see it's device name on  NT.

How to get the DB device back.

 Thank you

1. How To Get The Mirrored Device Back?

I was testing the mirroring feature of SQL 6.5. I can no longer find the
mirrored device on Windows NT. I still see it listed on 'devices' on SQL.

Where is it!?

Here is what I did to get into this situation:
             1. mirrored device containing db on a different drive
             2. stopped drive
             3. deleted dat file for databse via NT
             4. re started server.........was able to see all objects of the
                 database.

So, on SQL I see the database device listed under devices; but I cant see it
on Windows NT!
On windows NT I only see the MIRRORED device.

Now if I stop the mirroring then I assume i would loose the db since I don't
see it's device name on  NT.

How to get the DB device back.

 Thank you

2. 17822-FL-Orlando-SQL-ORACLE-Windows 95-UNIX-Visual Basic-PowerBuilder-Analyst/Programmer

3. returning recordset

4. SQL client software for the Mac? ODBC for the Mac?

5. Getting image into field (SQL 7) and getting it back out

6. Synchronizing inserts to tables

7. Device mirroring to hot standby server

8. Unable to mirror log device

9. Using mirror to move a device not permanent!

10. Backing up "Mirrored databases"

11. Mirroring log devices - any disadvantages?