Agent

Post by André Almeida Maldonad » Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:00:38

So...

I have the SQL Server 2000 installed in a machine with Windows 98 and I
can't start the SQL Server Agent automaticaly when the OS starts, this
option in Enterprise Manager is disabled. How can I start the SQL Server
Agent when the OS starts???

Thank's

Agent

Post by I_AM_DON_AND_YOU » Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:51:51

SQL Server Agent can't be installed on Windows 98.

Quote:> So...

> I have the SQL Server 2000 installed in a machine with Windows 98 and I
> can't start the SQL Server Agent automaticaly when the OS starts, this
> option in Enterprise Manager is disabled. How can I start the SQL Server
> Agent when the OS starts???

> Thank's

Agent

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:41:51

You can create a shortcut for SQL Server Agent and put the
shortcut in the startup group.

-Sue

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:00:38 -0300, "Andr Almeida

>So...

>I have the SQL Server 2000 installed in a machine with Windows 98 and I
>can't start the SQL Server Agent automaticaly when the OS starts, this
>option in Enterprise Manager is disabled. How can I start the SQL Server
>Agent when the OS starts???

>Thank's

Agent

Post by André Almeida Maldonad » Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:11:41

But what is the name of the SQL Server Agent executable???

Thanks...

> You can create a shortcut for SQL Server Agent and put the
> shortcut in the startup group.

> -Sue

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:00:38 -0300, "Andr Almeida

> >So...

> >I have the SQL Server 2000 installed in a machine with Windows 98 and I
> >can't start the SQL Server Agent automaticaly when the OS starts, this
> >option in Enterprise Manager is disabled. How can I start the SQL Server
> >Agent when the OS starts???

> >Thank's

Agent

Post by Tibor Karasz » Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:32:58

sqlagent.exe

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at: http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver