Created login & user, but cannot login

Post by Jim Elde » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

1.  sa created an NT Global user group, called OUR_DOMAIN\XYZUsers, and
made Tom and Beth to this group.

2.  sa, in EM, created a new Login called OUR_DOMAIN\XYZUsers, and
granted permissions to the Sales db, in all roles, on the Database
Access tab.

3.  sa then added user OUR_DOMAIN\XYZUsers to the Sales db, and granted
ALL on all tables.

Members of OUR_DOMAIN\XYZUsers still can not login.  What could be
missing here?

Thanks!
Jim

1. SYSDBA & SYSOPER user - cannot login

Hi:

    I have installed Oracle 8 in a Linux machine. Everything went successful
and I can work with the database.
    The only problem is that I cannot connect as SYSDBA or SYSOPER. There
are just two predefined users in the installation (sys and system), but with
none of both I can login as SYSDBA & SYSOPER. What can I do? Why is this
happening? I guess I made something wrong during the installation process.

    Thanks a lot,

--
Tony Pich

2. Using one processor licence on two processor server

3. cannot find user name and login in setup for SQLMail

4. JDBC string binding problem

5. Cannot login as user even though their group has access

6. The database system is in recovery mode

7. Cannot create a new login

8. Pdox : Number of decimals stored

9. SQL2000 Cannot Create a Login

10. I cannot login secure database with another user

11. dynamically created session and database : cannot avoid login prompt - fine with default session

12. Cannot login on newly created database.

13. Users Cannot login to SQL 7.0 Server except sa