In case anyone is interested.....(Answer to Identity column question)

In case anyone is interested.....(Answer to Identity column question)

Post by jef » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I found out how to programatically determine if a column is an Identity
column:

The field object of the ADO recordset has a properties property:

If m_DataSource.Fields("Field Name").Properties("ISAUTOINCREMENT") =  True
Then
    blah blah blah
End If

In case anyone is interested.....(Answer to Identity column question)

Post by Scott Johnso » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Thank you, but I need to find the actual identity value that is going to be
used.

Quote:> I found out how to programatically determine if a column is an Identity

Post by Patrick Loga » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_FAQ.htm#Q9

--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

In case anyone is interested.....(Answer to Identity column question)

I tried this on an identity column but it always returns False.