SQL Server 7 Client Limits on NT Workstation?

SQL Server 7 Client Limits on NT Workstation?

Post by Steve Bow » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I would like to run SQL Server 7 on NT Workstation. All client
connections would use TCP. No clients would actually be logged into an NT
network.

What kind of limits will I run into as far as the number of simultaneous
connections that are allowed?

SQL Server 7 Client Limits on NT Workstation?

Post by Joe Moyl » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

MS says that they only limitation to running server on a workstation is a 1
GB database size.  I don't know if it is true or not but I got that tidbit
from an employee of MS.  With the most recent beta (post beta 3 pre gold)
you have to choose personal instead of standard if you are installing on a
workstation or the option to install the server components doesn't even show
up.

--
Joe Moyle