How to get data into a table from a plain file ??

How to get data into a table from a plain file ??

Post by Christoffer G Larsso » Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hej Everyone

How do I get data from a fil into a table in SQL6.5, where the data in the
file is seperated with "," an ordinary textfile.

Regards

Christoffer G. Larsson

How to get data into a table from a plain file ??

Post by Roger Beardswort » Sat, 30 Aug 1997 04:00:00

You could use the SQL Server utility bcp.

If you have Access, it might be easier to import the file into an Access
table (a slightly more user friendly interface) and then append the Access
table to a linked SQL Server table.

Regards, Roger.