SQL 6.5 SP3: SQLExecutive Service stops ??

SQL 6.5 SP3: SQLExecutive Service stops ??

Post by Helen Back » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi group
I'm running the SQLExecutive service of two servers so that I can schedule
tasks.  However, lately the service stops and the tasks go uncompleted.  Odd
thing is, that there is no event in the NT event log and no events in the
SQL Server Error log.  I'm clueless.  Any ideas on what could be shutting
the service down and not allowing it to log the event?

There doesnt seem to be any conflict with the back up software I'm using to
backup the LAN.

tia
-hb

SQL 6.5 SP3: SQLExecutive Service stops ??

Post by Mark McCorkindal » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Helen,

I can't suggest what the problem could be but, for starters, configure SQL
Executive to write an error log file.  From EM:

Server / SQL Executive / Configure .......

--
Mark McCorkindale
MCSE, OCP

>Hi group
>I'm running the SQLExecutive service of two servers so that I can schedule
>tasks.  However, lately the service stops and the tasks go uncompleted.
Odd
>thing is, that there is no event in the NT event log and no events in the
>SQL Server Error log.  I'm clueless.  Any ideas on what could be shutting
>the service down and not allowing it to log the event?

>There doesnt seem to be any conflict with the back up software I'm using to
>backup the LAN.

>tia
>-hb

SQL 6.5 SP3: SQLExecutive Service stops ??

Post by Helen Back » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Quote:>I can't suggest what the problem could be but, for starters, configure SQL

Executive to write an error log file.  From EM:

It already is.  That's why I'm slightly baffled when nothing gets logged.

-hb