DTS help required

Post by rajiv.lingaya » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
Is it possible to import all records(which statisfy a particular
condition) from one table to other table,by deleting only those records
which are beign imported, from destination table.
For example suppose 10 records are to be imported from table A to table
B,now first i want to delete only  those ten records from table B and
then import those 10 records from table A(which may have 100 rows).
Regards,
Rajiv

DTS help required

Post by Doo » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

You can't do it in one step.  In two steps you can do your DELETE on Table B
with the same criteria as your SELECT on Table A.

--
Doo
Senior Data Architect / DBA

Quote:> Hi,
> Is it possible to import all records(which statisfy a particular
> condition) from one table to other table,by deleting only those records
> which are beign imported, from destination table.
> For example suppose 10 records are to be imported from table A to table
> B,now first i want to delete only  those ten records from table B and
> then import those 10 records from table A(which may have 100 rows).
> Regards,
> Rajiv

1. help required with active x in DTS

Hello All,

I've a SQL DTS package that is retreiving records based on a defined
criteria from an Oracle ODBC connection and exports the records to a txt
file sending out the txt file to the user [exception report]. This package
is scheduled to run once every Monday.

The point is that at certain weeks there is no data that gets exported out
to the txt file and the user gets the email with the txt file attachment
wherein they have to open the file to see if there exists any data.

How & what should i do in order to tell the DTS package that if there is any
data returned out that send the email with the text file, if there is no
data simply send the file with the email subject and body saying "No
exceptions found !!!"?

Any help on this ASAP would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Help BMP

3. DTS Help is required

4. Resource consumption in windows 2000

5. Urgent help required Recover DTS from mdf file

6. Query that works in 4.2 ???

7. Help required with sp_OAMethod required

8. Help! JDBC Oracle Connection

9. User Rights required to create DTS package in VS.Net

10. Does BulkInsert in DTS object require sysadm privileges?

11. ASP and DTS - files required?

12. DTS Object from VB (Required Files on Client?)

13. HELP: delayscreenupdate help required