installing sql 7 tools and sql 2k tools in same box

installing sql 7 tools and sql 2k tools in same box

Post by Terry Hwan » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:04:48

I've fond of using sql2k tools; however, i found out some
DTS packages wont run on other NT4 + SQL 7 boxes. I tried
to install sql 7 tools on the box that already had sql 2k
tools. It got pissed at me. Anyone know how to install SQL
7 and sql 2k tools successfully in the same box?

installing sql 7 tools and sql 2k tools in same box

Post by Darren Gree » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 04:19:54

Quote:>I've fond of using sql2k tools; however, i found out some
>DTS packages wont run on other NT4 + SQL 7 boxes. I tried
>to install sql 7 tools on the box that already had sql 2k
>tools. It got pissed at me. Anyone know how to install SQL
>7 and sql 2k tools successfully in the same box?

The two cannot coexist on the same machine. I suggest you fix the
original problem with the DTS Pkgs and enjoy the new tools.

Some stuff that may help-

http://www.sqldts.com/main.asp?nav=1,6,223,0
http://www.sqldts.com/main.asp?nav=1,6,227,0
--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
DTS - http://www.sqldts.com

installing sql 7 tools and sql 2k tools in same box

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 04:22:39

You can't have both sets of tools on the same box. In terms
of the packages, there are compatibility issues with
different versions and service pack levels. But you ccould
use SQL Server 2000 tools and save your packages with an
owner password. Using this should allow you to open the
packages on Server 7. You can't use SQL 2K specific
functionality in them though.

-Sue

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:04:48 -0700, "Terry Hwang"

>I've fond of using sql2k tools; however, i found out some
>DTS packages wont run on other NT4 + SQL 7 boxes. I tried
>to install sql 7 tools on the box that already had sql 2k
>tools. It got pissed at me. Anyone know how to install SQL
>7 and sql 2k tools successfully in the same box?

1. Unable to install SQL 2K Client Tools

I have a Windows 2000 Server with SQL Server 2000 database
networked in my home.  I cannot get the SQL Server Client
Tools installed to my client W2K PC.

I finally got Visual Studio.Net installed. I was getting
an errror related to having a prior installation of SQL
Sever 2000 Clients Tools.   My installation must have been
corrupt?.... because VS.NET could not update the MSDE.
The only way I could get VS.NET installed was to manually
uninstalled my SQL Server Client tools, files and registry
references (yuck!) and then reinstall VS.NET without
installing SQL Server Data Engine component.

But I want/need the SQL Server Data Engine component and
the SQL Sever 2000 Clients Tools.  My fear is that the SQL
2000 installation uses older MSDE, MDAC and other DLLs
that VS.NET requires.

What would be a suggested approach for clearing my system
and reinstalling SQL Server 2000 Client Tools?   Plaese,
any suggestions?

2. Import from .mdf/.ldf file

3. MD-Oracle Tool set Developer-DEV 2K,PL/SQL,Pro*C,SQL*Time

4. VB6- Tiff

5. Message on error log of SQL Server 7.0 when accessing from SQL 2K tools

6. How do I make a ComboBox with a drop-down wider then the ComboBox

7. Upgrading SQL 7 tool kit to SQL 2000 tool kit error

8. Multiple windows from the same code?

9. ANNOUNCEMENT: New SQL Server security tool - SQL Server 2000 Scan Tool

10. US-CA-South SF Bay-Tools Architect/Dev Tools/Object Component Tools/UI/Test Tools-Startup

11. Installing 2nd processor on SQL 2K box

12. Looking for an ETL tool from MS SQL 2k to oracle 8i

13. Enterprise Manager tools for SQL 2k