SQL Server disconnection with Execute using SQL Passthrough

SQL Server disconnection with Execute using SQL Passthrough

Post by Jim Schinnere » Fri, 31 Jan 1997 04:00:00

We are using VB4.0 32-bit to access a SQL Server database running on NT
Server 3.51 using IPX/SPX as the Net-Library.  As long as we use the
OpenRecordset method with SQL Passthrough, the server maintains the current
connection.  However, if we use the Execute method with SQL Passthrough the
server creates a new connection, executes the SQL statement, and then
disconnects the connection.  This process slows the app down considerably.
If we don't use SQL Passthrough with it, the server maintains the current
connection.

Any ideas on how we can prevent the new connection using Execute?  If not,
are there any issues with not using SQL Passthrough (speed, etc.)?

1. Executing Procedures w/ SQL Passthrough (???)

Hi Folks,

I have loaded some procedures into our ORACLE database
and I have been able to execute them successfully on our
UNIX server through SQL Plus.

Now, we are trying to access these procedures from our
VB client using SQL Passthrough.  The command we are
using is the same as we are using in SQL Plus, but
the system always responds with a SQL syntax error.

So far we have been unable to find examples of running
a procedure through VB and as you can see have been
unable to guess our way through it.

Please email any thoughts you have on this directly
to me--thanks!

--
   Nancy Khawand

2. Securing DB2 on Linux

3. Disconnection Problem using SQL 7 with Funk.com's Steel-Belted Radius

4. SUMMARY: Problems running commands from within SPL

5. Visual Basic 4.0 16 bit using Microsoft DAO 2.5 - ODBC SQL Passthrough

6. Problem with Pg module

7. Oracle Stored Procedure from DAO using QueryDef SQL Passthrough

8. MIT software guru, database expert, seeks offsite work - SQL Server DBA, C++, VB, Delphi, HTML, TCPIP, NT, Unix, Dialogic

9. (Seasonal) disconnection from SQL Server 6.5

10. SQL Server Disconnection

11. Sybase server disconnection caused by an SQL statement.

12. Sybase server disconnection caused by an SQL Statement!!

13. Updating Sql Server via ACCESS Passthrough