Missing Cube data

Post by Andy Rittin » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 22:29:45

Some days the data in our cube just disappears without a trace.  We are
using our cube for finance data.  We loaded the cube with August data and
processed the cube.  The data wasn't there present.  We switched the storage
type and the data reappeared.  We did our reports(excel pivotTables) and
sent them out.  Today, we went to change something in a report and found
that None of August data was there.  We looked for the data in OLAP manager
and it wasn't there either.  The data is however in the source database.  A
cube reprocess doesn't bring the data back nor does a server restart.  We
can only get the data back into the cube by switching the type of storage
from molap to holap.  But then after a day or so it goes missing again.

We had other cubes that have day's data that just disappear then reappear a
few days later.

The server is NT4 sp5, SQL Server 7 sp1, OLAP Services sp1.  MSSQLServer and
OLAP service shut down and restart every night for backup.