After failed restore.....

Post by Darre » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:42:35

After a failed restore of a database from a backup device the database is
greyed out in enterprise manager and shows "database loading". After a
reboot of the server this is still the case - Any ideas?

Thanks,

Darren

After failed restore.....

Post by Tibor Karasz » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:50:29

Darren,

You didn't "complete" the restore. Search Books Online for the RECOVERY keyword. You
can bring it up by issuing
RESTORE DATABASE dbname WITH RECOVERY

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> After a failed restore of a database from a backup device the database is
> greyed out in enterprise manager and shows "database loading". After a
> reboot of the server this is still the case - Any ideas?

> Thanks,

> Darren

1. physical restore failed - restore reserved pages failed

I am running an ontape backup of a test instance of Informix 7.23 running on
HP UX v10.2    (ontape -s).  When I go to restore to the same instance, I
get the message:  physical restore failed - restore reserved pages failed.
I do get the initial archive tape information regarding dbspaces and chunks.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is and how to resolve it?

2. Installing BDE redistributable files on Win95

3. Restore from Dump Allocation Error (Failed Restore)

4. Recommended development platform?

5. 6.5 failed restore

6. datasources

7. Failed restore hung in load state

8. Onbar performance question

9. Failed Restore - Error "Lost Connection"

10. failed restore on informix 7.3

11. Failed restore Informix 7.31.UC7A on HP-UX 10.20 with KAIO on.....

12. restore master database fails

13. Restore Sql 7 failed