Move DB from one box to other box

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:54:20

My preferred method: BACKUP and RESTORE

INF: How To Transfer Logins and Passwords Between SQL Servers
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q246133
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246133

INF: Moving SQL Server 7.0 Databases to a New Server with BACKUP and RESTORE
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304692
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304692

--
Keith, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> Hi all,
> I have a database create in Development server
> with relationship, diagram, and permission. I want to move
> this database to Production server. What is the best way
> to accomplish this task? Thanks

Move DB from one box to other box

Post by Tibor Karasz » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 00:03:10

I'd use backup and restore.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> Hi all,
> I have a database create in Development server
> with relationship, diagram, and permission. I want to move
> this database to Production server. What is the best way
> to accomplish this task? Thanks

1. Move DB from one box to other box

BACKUP and RESTORE

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE, MCDBA

2. trap the RAISERROR

3. Move Oracle from one AIX box to another one

4. 7.3 stamped

5. Combo Box and Text Box moving together

6. US-NJ-SYSTEMS TESTER

7. Restore from one 6.5 box to another 6.5 box

8. runtime 3669

9. Move SQL Server database from one box to another

10. JDBC / Corba / SQL-DB on one Box

11. List box /combo box usage in a DTS VB custom task