Upsizing tool and relationships help needed

Upsizing tool and relationships help needed

Post by blain » Thu, 16 May 1996 04:00:00

I upsized an Access database to SQLServer 6.0 using the upsizing tools.
It was designed in a front-end/back-end fashion, i.e. one .MDB stored
data, one application code, queries, etc.  I followed the information in
the online help concerning "Upsizing Back-End Databases".  My forms are
coming up with sub-forms in which I cannot add new records, I suspect
because the relationship info does not seem to have upsized properly.
When I link the app .MDB to the non-upsized version of the data,
everything is fine, I can view the relationships, I can add new
sub-records, etc.  When linked to the SQLServer data, I cannot use Tools
Relationships (i.e. nothing shows up), and I cannot add sub-records.
Some things I noted:

1) When I linked to the upsized tables, it stuck "dbo_" (the username) in
front of each tablename.  The original back-end database did not include
this prefix in the resulting linked tables.  One question: should I have
checked the "Link to tables option in the UPsizing Tool?"

2) The instructions say that after linking the front-end to the upsized
tables, I should Import External Data from the original back-end, namely
an 'aliasing queries'.  There were none to import.

3) I tried upsizing using Triggers one time, DRI the next.  Why do I have
to choose between losing my referential integrity or my cascading updates
and deletes?  Could one of these be related to my lack of relationships
(no comments from the peanut gallery)?  It didn't seem to make any
difference.

Thanks for any help,

--
-----------------------------

'curator', Carolinas Region Porsche Club of America Web Page:
http://tta.com/PCA/Carolinas/homepage.html
--- Do what you want with this post, except sue me for its contents ---

1. HELP!!!need...Microsoft Access97 Upsizing Tool...

Hi!

I want to convert Microsoft Access97 data to Microsoft SQL Server.

I need Microsoft Access97 Upsizing Tool, so try to download.

But, i can't download.

Any one have...Microsoft Access97 Upsizing Tool...

Please...!!! Help me..!!!

Paichai University

2. Visual FoxPro sending faxes

3. Access Upsizing Tool: Can't upsize tables with OLE field

4. Grid - Help

5. help: How to use access upsizing tool to change access database to sql database

6. MSXML4 preview breaks XPATH templates

7. HELP for 2.0 Upsizing tool

8. converting 3.4 to 4.5

9. Access Upsize Tool does not work, please Help

10. upsizing LEFT JOIN relationship

11. Upsizing and Relationships

12. Relationship doesn't upsize - SQL7 rookie

13. Help needed with upsizing database to SQL 7.0