SNMP: monitoring databases information

Post by Natalia Mirochnic » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 02:25:29

Hello, MSSQL gurus.

System: MSSQL Srv 7.0 SP 3 on Windows NT 4.0 SP 6.

Problem: monitor information about specified databases: size of data, log,
percents of log userd, etc.
Tool: SNMP requests with OIDS specified

I make requests (snmpwalk which use snmpget) for  mssqlSrvInfoTable and
mssqlDbInfoTable objects.
When mssqlSrvInfoTable is specified i get all the table, but when
mssqlDbInfoTable is specified i've no responce.
As i understood, server cannot see if databases're accessible. How can i
resolve this problem?

(SNMP requrests go from FreeBSD to NT)

That's from Microsoft mssql.mib (my problem object)

  mssqlDbInfoTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX SEQUENCE OF MssqlDbInfoEntry
      ACCESS not-accessible
      STATUS mandatory
      DESCRIPTION
          "This table contains detailed information about SQL Server
           databases.  In order for this table to be populated, the
           database must be accessible (as determined by checking
           mssqlDbState)."
      ::= { mssqlServerObjects 6 }

With great respect and high hopes,
        Natalia Mirochnick
MCSE, MCDBA

1. HELP------SNMP agent ----Monitoring System....

Hello,
    I need to set up a monitoring system for oracle server running v7.3.2.1.1
 on
    windows NT3.51 platform. Could any one help me on this. I want this system
    to page me if server goes down for any reason or when memory reaches to a
    critical value.( as NT has memory leakage problem)

     If U have worked on such thing or have any info could U please let me know
     how I can use SNMP agent provided by Oracle or something else to achieve
     this.

     Thanks...

2. Date question revisited

3. Monitoring Informix with SNMP

4. What is best way to copy data from server to server?

5. SQL MIBS for SNMP monitoring

6. error 605

7. SNMP monitoring

8. Delphi and I-Net for Windows 5.x

9. Monitoring Sybase using SNMP?

10. monitoring many machines using snmp & syslog

11. snmp monitoring of MS Sql Server 6.5?

12. RDBMS Monitoring and SNMP (RFC1697)

13. Monitoring SQL 2000 w/ SNMP