SQL EXecutive

SQL EXecutive

Post by Andrew Grove » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00



I have my server up and runnin, however, Every time I try to start SQL
Executive it just shuts off again???

Any ideas??

Andrew.

 
 
 

SQL EXecutive

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00


Andrew,

What account is SQLExecutive using? It NT trying to log on with correct
password?
Any messages in NT Eventlog?
Right-click SQLExecutive and define a log and check that log...

--
Tibor Karaszi
MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP
Cornerstone Sweden AB
Please do not respond by e-mail unless explicitly asked for.


>I have my server up and runnin, however, Every time I try to start SQL
>Executive it just shuts off again???

>Any ideas??

>Andrew.


 
 
 

SQL EXecutive

Post by u.g. li » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00


Add user account to the local group "Administrators" on the computer where
SQL Server is installed.
I think u need to logon as NT Administrator to be able to start SQL EXec????

>I have my server up and runnin, however, Every time I try to start SQL
>Executive it just shuts off again???

>Any ideas??

>Andrew.

 
 
 

SQL EXecutive

Post by Andrew Grove » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00


I have tried to define a log, but I get an error message saying log does not
exist!! I don't have to actually create the log file do I??

Andrew.


>Andrew,

>What account is SQLExecutive using? It NT trying to log on with correct
>password?
>Any messages in NT Eventlog?
>Right-click SQLExecutive and define a log and check that log...

>--
>Tibor Karaszi
>MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP
>Cornerstone Sweden AB
>Please do not respond by e-mail unless explicitly asked for.


>>I have my server up and runnin, however, Every time I try to start SQL
>>Executive it just shuts off again???

>>Any ideas??

>>Andrew.

 
 
 

SQL EXecutive

Post by Mikael Wedha » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00


Andrew, begin with checking the account SQL Executive is using. This account
must be granted the right to log on as a service in User manager for
domains.

--
Mikael Wedham - MCP, MCSE, MCSD, MCT
WM-data, Sweden
Please do not reply to mailaddress unless specifically instructed to !!


>I have tried to define a log, but I get an error message saying log does
not
>exist!! I don't have to actually create the log file do I??

>Andrew.


>>Andrew,

>>What account is SQLExecutive using? It NT trying to log on with correct
>>password?
>>Any messages in NT Eventlog?
>>Right-click SQLExecutive and define a log and check that log...

>>--
>>Tibor Karaszi
>>MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP
>>Cornerstone Sweden AB
>>Please do not respond by e-mail unless explicitly asked for.


>>>I have my server up and runnin, however, Every time I try to start SQL
>>>Executive it just shuts off again???

>>>Any ideas??

>>>Andrew.

 
 
 

SQL EXecutive

Post by Tony Rogerso » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00


Make absolutely sure that named pipes is still a supported protocol on the
SQL Server (SQL Sertup).

Also, start the service with a valid administrator of the box - control
panel ... services.

--
Hope the above helps.

Tony Rogerson  MCP, SQL Server MVP
Torver Computer Consultants Ltd.


>I have my server up and runnin, however, Every time I try to start SQL
>Executive it just shuts off again???

>Any ideas??

>Andrew.

 
 
 

SQL EXecutive

Post by Mark McCorkindal » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00


Andrew,

When you right-click SQLExecutive *don't* then click on "Error Log...".
Click on "Configure..." to define the error log.

--
Mark McCorkindale
MCSE, OCP
Infotek Systems P/L - Sydney, Australia


>I have tried to define a log, but I get an error message saying log does
not
>exist!! I don't have to actually create the log file do I??

>Andrew.


>>Andrew,

>>What account is SQLExecutive using? It NT trying to log on with correct
>>password?
>>Any messages in NT Eventlog?
>>Right-click SQLExecutive and define a log and check that log...

>>--
>>Tibor Karaszi
>>MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP
>>Cornerstone Sweden AB
>>Please do not respond by e-mail unless explicitly asked for.


>>>I have my server up and runnin, however, Every time I try to start SQL
>>>Executive it just shuts off again???

>>>Any ideas??

>>>Andrew.

 
 
 

1. SQL Mail and SQL Executive Hang but SQL Server keeps working

Hi there Ima having a problem where we have set up SQLMail to notify us if
there are any SQL error messages being logged when there are frequent mail
messages being sent it caused SQLMail and Executive to hang. any ideas as
to what might cause this and how it can be resolved. We are running SQL
Server 6.5 SP4 on NT4.0 SP3. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. ODBC access

3. SQL server task fails-sql executive login failure-

4. If you like Seattle

5. SQL Executive thinks SQL 6.5 is version 0.00.000

6. Max. tables in a database

7. Running SQL script files from SQL Executive

8. oracle 7.3.2.2 backup taking long time to generate catalog file

9. SQL Executive in SQL Server 6.5

10. SQL Executive/ Tasks issue (SQL Server 6.5)

11. MS SQL Executive not starting (SQL 6.5)

12. SQL Server 6.5 - SQL Executive

13. more Re: SQL Executive error 109 and MS SQL 6.5