Upgrade from Evaluation on cluster

Post by Dan » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:38:18

When I try to upgrade from the evaluation sql 2000
enterprise to the retail I am only given the choice to
uninstall.  How can I upgrade before my evaluation time
expires?

Upgrade from Evaluation on cluster

Post by Eric Weinraub[M » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:40:46

I would suggest the following, depending on the specifics of your sql
server installation.

IF  you have no logins or jobs to move from the evaluation copy to retail:

1.  detach your user databases
2.  insure that the database files(.mdf and .ldf) are in a safe location ie
will not be deleted if SQL is uninstalled
3.  Uninstall the evaluation copy
4.  Install retail copy of SQL2K
5.  attach databases

ELSE

1.  Make TSQL backups of the master, model, msdb, and user databases
2.  Insure that the backups are good/verified by restoring them successfully
3.  Make sure the backups are saved to a folder not in the SQL path
4.  Uninstall the evaluation copy
5.  Install retail edition
6.  Restore backups

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Upgrade from Evaluation on cluster

Post by Mark Langendoerfer [MSFT » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:59:11

Upgrading from an evaluation edition clustered is not supported for SQL
2000, only stand alone Upgrades are supported.

You assume all risk
for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Quote:> When I try to upgrade from the evaluation sql 2000
> enterprise to the retail I am only given the choice to
> uninstall.  How can I upgrade before my evaluation time
> expires?

1. Upgrade from evaluation on cluster

Hi
i do apologize about this but you will have to uninstall the evaluation and then install the full sql enterprise version

Thank you
Hina Masud
Microsoft

Disclaimer:
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and  confers no rights.
Get Secure! -> http://www.microsoft.com/security

--------------------

-Subject: Upgrade from evaluation on cluster
-Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 04:27:44 -0700

-Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering
-
-My two node cluster is running on SQL 2000 Enterprise
-Evaluation.  I am trying to upgrade to SQL 2000 Enterprise
-before the evaluation time expires.  As I go through the
-setup the only option I am allowed to choose is to
-uninstall.  How do I upgrade to the retail before my time
-is up?
-

2. InstantDB & Novell?

3. Upgrade of SQL 7.0 Cluster to SQl 2000 Cluster

4. schedule package

5. SQL 6.5 Cluster to SQL 7 Enterprise Cluster upgrade

6. Help on DTS

7. After the SQL cluster upgrade to cluster, the SQL server cannot be accessed

8. adding records at runtime

9. Pointers to information on upgrading NT4EE/SQL7 Cluster to W2KAS/SQL2K Cluster

10. Upgrading SQL 7 120 DAy Evaluation version to full product

11. Evaluation upgrade to SQL2000

12. License Upgrade of Evaluation version

13. Upgrading evaluation copy