Extended Stored Procedures (Getting Started)

Extended Stored Procedures (Getting Started)

Post by Patrick Brosna » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello. I am trying to write an extended stored procedure
but know very little on how do to so. It looks like I require
some files (Open Data Services ?). I downloaded ptk_i386.exe from the MS
web site
but this was just VB stuff and of no use to me as we develop in C++.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Patrick

1. Stored Procedures vs Extended Stored Procedures

In MSDN,   it says that there is a "Performance advantage" using extended
stored procedures.  Has anyone used an extended stored procedure?  If so,
what is the real advantages for using them instead of a normal Stored
procedure?

(I know that you can create extended stored procedures in C, but are there
any other advantages?)

Any help would be appreciated.

John Regnier

2. Do not use check constraints ?

3. Calling extended stored procedure from stored procedure

4. Clustering in PostgreSQL

5. output parameters stored procedures / extended stored procedures

6. How to implement a "private directory" concept in multi-user system on VFP 3.0b?

7. Triggers, Stored Procedures and user permission to call an Extended Procedure

8. Shrink SQL 7 Log File

9. Calling stored proc from extended stored procedure

10. External Procedures Getting Started

11. Extended stored procedures and Active X Exe

12. Extended Stored Procedures

13. Creation of extended stored procedures - versioning info