Snapshot Agent error in Transactional replication

Snapshot Agent error in Transactional replication

Post by kush » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 05:46:33

Hi all, I am trying to replicate a table from one sqlserver 7 (which is the
NT4 machine, I use NT account to log in and this server is going to have
both publication and distribution) to another sqlserver 7(NT 4) by
transactional replication method. ( I am using Wizard).
Here are my steps:
a. configured distribution database successfully.
b. created publication successfully.
c. used 'push subscription to others' wizard and went all the way
successfully till I got the successful messege(the two cross flag).
Now, the problem is when I looked at the replication monitor its status is
failed and the messege is "Another snapshot agent for the publication is
running.".  I looked at the  Agents folder and the snapshot agents folder
has the same messege and the log reader agents and distribution agents
status is 'idle'.
Now, considering I am new to sql server especially on replication stuff, my
question is
a. were the steps I followed for replication is correct and in ordered?
b. since there is no other replication going on from my server, why I am
getting this error "Another snapshot agent for the publication is running."?

Thanks in advance.

kush