Visual Basic, DTS, and that DTS Help file

Visual Basic, DTS, and that DTS Help file

Post by Mark Bacia » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to program a DTS Package with Visual Basic and having a terrible
time with not only the sparse documentation on this subject but lack of
available materials.

Does anyone know where I can find the DTSPkg.hlp Help File?

It is no where on any of the Beta CDs and I need some more insight on how to
more effeciently work the transformations within the Data Pump.

Also, if anyone else is trying to program DTS Packages with VB let me know
and maybe we can collaborate on some issues.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Visual Basic, DTS, and that DTS Help file

Post by Olivier Matra » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

There is an (apparently ?) complete reference on DTS programing in the
SQLBOL.CHM file provided with SQL7 release candidate 1.
Although there might be changes in the object model since Beta3, I can send
it to you if you like (but its > 11 MB ! zipped)

Olivier.

Post by Gianluca Hot » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>I am trying to program a DTS Package with Visual Basic and having a
terrible
>time with not only the sparse documentation on this subject but lack of
>available materials.

Mark,
you may want to get your hands on a newer release of
Books Online.

http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/sqlbol.exe

HTH
--