Performance

Post by Scott Lemaster » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I'm having a terible performance problem.  I'm running a SQL database w/
approx. 40,000 records, or approx. 500MB.  When I run a specific query in
Enterprise Manager > Query Tools, it takes forever -- I stopped it after 3
hours and only 1500 rows later.

Suggestions/ideas?

Performance

Post by Kevin Kultge » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Do you have any indexes?

Kevin Kultgen
MCSE  MCP+I  A+

Quote:> I'm having a terible performance problem.  I'm running a SQL database w/
> approx. 40,000 records, or approx. 500MB.  When I run a specific query in
> Enterprise Manager > Query Tools, it takes forever -- I stopped it after 3
> hours and only 1500 rows later.

> Suggestions/ideas?

Performance

Post by Roy Harv » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Scott,

Quote:>I'm having a terible performance problem.  I'm running a SQL database w/
>approx. 40,000 records, or approx. 500MB.  When I run a specific query in
>Enterprise Manager > Query Tools, it takes forever -- I stopped it after 3
>hours and only 1500 rows later.

>Suggestions/ideas?

You have not given us anything to work with.  Provide the actual SQL,
along with information on the data, tables, indexes, etc. and perhaps
someone will be able to make some suggestions.

Roy

1. SQL Server Performance Problem - Good query performance, bad update performance

We've run into a situation with a client who has just moved to the SQL
Server version of our application in which query performance is acceptable,
but updates are at least an order of magnitude too slow. Any thoughts on
what I might check for update-related performance problems? Their machine is
a dual-CPU 600MHZ monster, and my old 200MHZ single CPU Pentium Pro NT
machine is running circles around theirs. I can do 10 transactions in 10
seconds here, while theirs takes over 2 minutes to do a similar transaction
set.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Randy

2. Flow Charter for FP 2.6 Dos?

3. Can not see SQL performance counters in Performance Monitor

4. CPU Utilization

5. SQL 6.5 Performance vs SQL 7.0 Performance

6. newbie needs help!! - should be very easy

7. SQL Performance Counters Missing in Performance Monitor

8. Recommendations Needed for Adhoc Query Tools

9. Horrible Performance In MS Analysis Services - Great Performance In SQL 2000

10. TOAST performance (was Re: [GENERAL] Delete Performance)

11. ADO's Performance vs DAO's Performance

12. Oracle Performance by Adaptive Performance Tool

13. Oracle 7.3 performance vs. Oracle 7.2 performance