Setting up SQL Agent Mail and SQL Mail

Post by Ken Reil » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:22:48

I have set up a new SQL Server running SQL Server 2000
Standard Edition SP2 with a hotfix applied for parallel
processing. It is running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server
SP3.

I have not installed Outlook on the machine because I
didn't think it needed it (it's just a server). However, I
would like to enable SQL Agent mail and SQL Mail
functions. Am I required to install Outlook for this? Or,
is there another way I can set up a mail profile without
Outlook on the machine?

Ken

Setting up SQL Agent Mail and SQL Mail

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:47:10

...with the outlook profile
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q263/5/56.asp

You might find these helpful:

HOW TO: Send E-Mail Without Using SQL Mail in SQL Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q312839
and
http://www.sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm (xp_smtp_sendmail)

--
Keith, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> I have set up a new SQL Server running SQL Server 2000
> Standard Edition SP2 with a hotfix applied for parallel
> processing. It is running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server
> SP3.

> I have not installed Outlook on the machine because I
> didn't think it needed it (it's just a server). However, I
> would like to enable SQL Agent mail and SQL Mail
> functions. Am I required to install Outlook for this? Or,
> is there another way I can set up a mail profile without
> Outlook on the machine?

> Ken

Setting up SQL Agent Mail and SQL Mail

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:47:10

...with the outlook profile
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q263/5/56.asp

You might find these helpful:

HOW TO: Send E-Mail Without Using SQL Mail in SQL Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q312839
and
http://www.sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm (xp_smtp_sendmail)

--
Keith, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> I have set up a new SQL Server running SQL Server 2000
> Standard Edition SP2 with a hotfix applied for parallel
> processing. It is running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server
> SP3.

> I have not installed Outlook on the machine because I
> didn't think it needed it (it's just a server). However, I
> would like to enable SQL Agent mail and SQL Mail
> functions. Am I required to install Outlook for this? Or,
> is there another way I can set up a mail profile without
> Outlook on the machine?

> Ken

1. Problem in Setting SQL Mail / SQL Agent Mail

Hii there,

Am using Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000, Outlook 2000 client.

SQLSERVERAGENT & MSSQLSERVER are running under domain account sql.
I successfully setup an mail account for sql from which i can send & recieve
mails..

But I am unable to setup SQL Mail & SQL Server Agent Mail and am totally
confused...............
Any help??

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep Kumar

---

This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended
recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and
then erase the email.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses
or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.

2. using dates in SQL-statements

3. SQL server 7 agent mail / SQL mail setup questions

4. copying entire database raw data to text file

5. SQL Mail vs SQL Agent Mail

6. foxpro 2.6/2.5 and ODBC

7. sql mail and sql agent mail

8. Postgres Windows ADO help needed

9. Lotus Notes and SQL Mail/SQL Agent Mail

10. SQL Agent Mail and SQL Mail

11. Setting Up SQL Mail for SQL Agent