Could not create Linked Server to Informix with Informix OLEDB provider

Could not create Linked Server to Informix with Informix OLEDB provider

Post by Ahmed Jewaha » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:25:13

Dear All,

Have created a linked server from SQL server 2K to Informix using
Informix OLE DB Provider.

But, when I click on linked server object... I mean on table or view
objects of Linked Server, I'm gettin the following error message...

Error 7302. Could not create an instance of OLE DB Provider
            'Ifxoledc'

For your kind information, I managed to open an ADO connection from my
VB 6.0 applicaiton to Informix Database using same provider....

Could you please help me out to create a Linked Server using Informix
OLE DB provider. We have installed Informix SDK client on server.

Appreciate any of your comments/ tips on this...

many thanks in advance...

Regards,

Ahmed Jewahar

Could not create Linked Server to Informix with Informix OLEDB provider

Post by Kun Cheng [M » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 23:22:39

Have you tried to use Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC driver and
Informix ODBC driver? Make sure you obtain the latest version of the driver
from Informix

--------------------

| Subject: Could not create Linked Server to Informix with Informix OLEDB
provider

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.server
| Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:25:13 -0800
|
| Dear All,
|
| Have created a linked server from SQL server 2K to Informix using
| Informix OLE DB Provider.
|
| But, when I click on linked server object... I mean on table or view
| objects of Linked Server, I'm gettin the following error message...
|
| Error 7302. Could not create an instance of OLE DB Provider
|             'Ifxoledc'
|
| For your kind information, I managed to open an ADO connection from my
| VB 6.0 applicaiton to Informix Database using same provider....
|
| Could you please help me out to create a Linked Server using Informix
| OLE DB provider. We have installed Informix SDK client on server.
|
| Appreciate any of your comments/ tips on this...
|
| many thanks in advance...
|
| Regards,
|
| Ahmed Jewahar
|
| *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
| Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Could not create Linked Server to Informix with Informix OLEDB provider

Post by Ahmed Sale » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:33:32

I am facing this problem now but with Oracle DB.
I tried using Oracle provider for OLEDB and Microsoft as
well.
I will be greatly appreciated if you can give an idea on
how this can fixed
Thanks
Ahmed Saleh

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Dear All,

>Have created a linked server from SQL server 2K to
Informix using
>Informix OLE DB Provider.

>But, when I click on linked server object... I mean on
table or view
>objects of Linked Server, I'm gettin the following error
message...

>Error 7302. Could not create an instance of OLE DB
Provider
>            'Ifxoledc'

>For your kind information, I managed to open an ADO
connection from my
>VB 6.0 applicaiton to Informix Database using same
provider....

>Could you please help me out to create a Linked Server
using Informix
>OLE DB provider. We have installed Informix SDK client on
server.

>Appreciate any of your comments/ tips on this...

>many thanks in advance...

>Regards,

>Ahmed Jewahar

***
>.

1. Couldn't create a linked server to INFORMIX using Informix OleDb provider

Dear All,

Have created a linked server from SQL server 2K to Informix using
Informix OLE DB Provider.

But, when I click on linked server object... I mean on table or view
objects of Linked Server, I'm gettin the following error message...

Error 7302. Could not create an instance of OLE DB Provider
            'Ifxoledc'

For your kind information, I managed to open an ADO connection from my
VB 6.0 applicaiton to Informix Database using same provider....

Could you please help me out to create a Linked Server using Informix
OLE DB provider. We have installed Informix SDK client on server.

Appreciate any of your comments/ tips on this...

many thanks in advance...

Regards,

Ahmed Jewahar

2. View / buffering problem

3. Informix OLEDB Provider + MSSQL 7.0 Link Servers

4. Update one table's data from another table

5. Invalid objects after running catrepr.sql

6. OLEDB provider Jet error 80004005 when creating a linked server in SQL Server 7

7. No OLEDB providers when creating a new linked server