MultiServer Setup

Post by Shami » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:06:27

When trying to enlist a server under a Target server.

Error 22026: The enlistment update operation failed (reason: The
systargetservers row for 'XXX' is missing; you must first defect before
attempting to enlist again.)
Server 'XXX' is not currently enlisted ...

Any Suggestions ??

Sh

MultiServer Setup

Post by Tibor Karasz » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:28:02

You cannot have several levels in the hierarchy.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> When trying to enlist a server under a Target server.

> Error 22026: The enlistment update operation failed (reason: The
> systargetservers row for 'XXX' is missing; you must first defect before
> attempting to enlist again.)
> Server 'XXX' is not currently enlisted ...

> Any Suggestions ??

> Sh

1. Can't setup multiserver admin (MSX/TSX)

"Error 22026: The enlist operation failed (reason: SQLServerAgent
Error: Unable to connect to MSX <MyMSXInstanceName>"

I have found a few similar threads on this problem, but none have
resolved the issue.  Microft's knowledge base also had nothing.

I am aware that the instances must be at the same service pack.  I
also have ensured that the login used by the TSXs has db_owner role
membership in msdb just in case.  Are there any constraints on SQL
Server editions?  For example, can a Developer edition instance be an
MSX?  Does the SQL Server agent service account on the TSX have to be
a domain account?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Also, any suggestions for
alternative enterprise SQL management products wouldn't hurt.

Thx,

-Peter

2. Can SQL Server run on stand alone win95 machine?

3. Multiserver Administration

4. Linking to a database

5. Multiserver Update and Transactions

6. PDOXWIN5: Query - HELP!

7. administering multiserver

8. AB, ON, IRELAND-ORACLE SENIOR DESIGNER

9. Multiserver Administration

10. Multiserver Administration (MSX)

11. Multiserver Administration Question

12. MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers

13. MMC-Multiserver via LAN-Internet