DTS password problem no one seems able to solve

DTS password problem no one seems able to solve

Post by Vince Voge » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 01:23:19

Hi,

I was debugging an existing DTS using the package designer. When I was
checking the SQL server connectivity icon, I found that the user's password
was blank, so I changed it.

When I pressed OK to record the change, I answered "NO" to resetting the
transformations.

When I attempted to execute the package, a failure occurred with an error
stating that the password was incorrect. I checked the connectivity icon.
The password's change wasn't recorded. The textbox was still blank.

The package is owned and executed by me. I have full administrator rights to
the domain, the server, and the database. The database uses SQL
authentication. It is using SQL 7.0 (service pack 3) on a Windows NT 4.0 box
(service pack 6).

I have found several other people who have experienced this problem, but no
solutions.

Help!

DTS password problem no one seems able to solve

Post by Darren Gree » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 02:35:14

Quote:>Hi,

>I was debugging an existing DTS using the package designer. When I was
>checking the SQL server connectivity icon, I found that the user's password
>was blank, so I changed it.

>When I pressed OK to record the change, I answered "NO" to resetting the
>transformations.

>When I attempted to execute the package, a failure occurred with an error
>stating that the password was incorrect. I checked the connectivity icon.
>The password's change wasn't recorded. The textbox was still blank.

>The package is owned and executed by me. I have full administrator rights to
>the domain, the server, and the database. The database uses SQL
>authentication. It is using SQL 7.0 (service pack 3) on a Windows NT 4.0 box
>(service pack 6).

>I have found several other people who have experienced this problem, but no
>solutions.

>Help!

The password may not have been saved correctly. From time to time the
"Persist Security Info" property gets set to false which means the
password is not stored in the package. You can check this from within
the Advanced properties sheet of the connection.

--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
DTS - http://www.sqldts.com

DTS password problem no one seems able to solve

Post by Vince Voge » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 04:47:05

THANK YOU! It worked. I have already posted the solution to the other
people.

THANKS!

Vince

1. Urgent Date Problem (one of many it seems!)

I have just spent all morning searching for date related problems yet
have failed to come up with an answer !

I have a SQL Server sproc (someting like......)

Create Proc sp_marksent

as

It's called in access through ADO

cmd.execute parameters:=Array(cstr(forms("frm_report").cbo_contract),
cdate(forms("frm_report").txt_enddate))

I've tried all sorts of variations.
I've had the code run but the dates effected where wrong as SQLS
interpretted my UK date format as US.

Even if i format the date in access to mm/dd/yyyy I get an error
converting datetime from character string.

It can't be that difficult ?

Any ideas ?

2. ? SQL timeout

3. One more AddNew() problem to solve ...

4. SQL 7.0 Cluster

5. No one can ever solve this problem...

6. US-Big 6-Oracle DBA/ Financials/ Manufacturing-Technical or Functional

7. Web developer throws himself under truck trying to solve DTS problem

8. IOException problem

9. DTS Problems Solved

10. Stupid DTS and Active X script - Problem solved

11. How to solve this DTS problem?

12. not able to send more than one eMail through xp_sendmail