1 very hard and 1 very Easy question

Post by Jim Hyn » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi Folks,
1. Easy Question
        If I'm in a stored procedure window is there a search facilty
to find text like ALT-X runs a select piece of code in a query window

2. Hard Question
I'm sick of BCP so I'm writing my own BUT is there a way (hack) to
force the transactions to be non-logged ?!?!

Thanks for your time.
Jim Hynan
PS If people want the VB Code for my BCP let me know and I'll forward.

1 very hard and 1 very Easy question

Post by Michael Yocc » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Fast BCP is achieved by turning the Bulk Copy/Select Into flag to true.
Be sure to turn it back off when done and do a full database dump
because you cannot recover the database.

-my

Quote:> Hi Folks,
> 1. Easy Question
>    If I'm in a stored procedure window is there a search facilty
> to find text like ALT-X runs a select piece of code in a query window

> 2. Hard Question
> I'm sick of BCP so I'm writing my own BUT is there a way (hack) to
> force the transactions to be non-logged ?!?!

> Thanks for your time.
> Jim Hynan
> PS If people want the VB Code for my BCP let me know and I'll forward.

1 very hard and 1 very Easy question

Post by Ben McEw » Wed, 03 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Incidentally, if you use VB with ODS, writing your own bcp program is a
piece of cake. You get access to native bcp methods this way, too.

Jim, without using native bcp methods (AFAIK, you must use DB-Lib, ODBC
will not allow access to bcp methods) there's no way to do nonlogged
inserts from VB.

Quote:> Fast BCP is achieved by turning the Bulk Copy/Select Into flag to true.

--
Ben McEwan, President, Geist, LLC
http://www.metis.com/~geist

1. Two questions... one easy, one hard

Well, at least I think it will turn out that way... :)

1)  What does a .recordcount of -1 mean on an ADO recordset?  I've seen that
sometimes I get this and sometimes I get the real value, but the causing
factor isn't obvious to me.

2) Does anyone know why I would get the following message trying to perform
a .close on a recordset?

    3219:  The operation requested by the application is not allowed in this
context.

If the query does not find any records, I can close the recordset without
any problems, but if it does include a record, I do get the error.  (BTW, in
both cases the recordcount is reported as -1).

There is absolutely no info in the VB help or knowledge base that I can
find.

2. Replication Problem

3. FoxPro questions, 2 easy, 1 harder.. : )

4. Recursion in an SQL Statement? BOM Explosion

5. Hard DBGrid Question (Hard for me anyway).

6. Progress 9.1C on SuSE Linux

7. Easy to see, hard to put in SQL

8. Help with mixed security please...

9. query help, hard for me, I hope easy for you

10. Easy to see, hard to put in SQL

11. Give this newbe easy answers on easy questions!

12. Client on 1 hard drive and server on other hard drive

13. Q: What is Hard Mode and what are hard mode errors #0020 and #0008