can't connect

Post by John Gaul » Sun, 06 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I installed the new SQL Server on an NT 4.0 Server( very much on a
network) , but I can't connect. Can't log in using isql/w from the
server, etc., but I  do get a "green light" on that silly icon.  Any
thoughts ?   (Perhaps paper and pens and typewriters with white-out or
perhaps clay tablets - )

can't connect

Post by Kevin Kuli » Mon, 07 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Make sure your configurations in the ISQL configuration utility are
correct and what your sql server network configurations are. Ex. If
the server is only listening to tcp/ip then choose that in your isql
configuration utility.

On Sat, 05 Jul 1997 13:42:18 -0400, John Gault

>I installed the new SQL Server on an NT 4.0 Server( very much on a
>network) , but I can't connect. Can't log in using isql/w from the
>server, etc., but I  do get a "green light" on that silly icon.  Any
>thoughts ?   (Perhaps paper and pens and typewriters with white-out or
>perhaps clay tablets - )

can't connect

Post by Ashish Mathu » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have found that in such cases setting up a network connection to the
server usually enables ISQL also to connect to SQL Server.

Hope this helps, and maybe someone can show me the logic behind this
phenomenon...

Ashish.

Quote:> I installed the new SQL Server on an NT 4.0 Server( very much on a