Problem with output parameter of stored procedure..HELP

Problem with output parameter of stored procedure..HELP

Post by Greg » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 19:21:33

I'va an application write by VB6.
I've a stored procedure with 1 input parameter and 1
output parameter.
How can do for launch an sqlserver2000 store procedure in
VB6 with ADO?
How can i do for take stored procedure's output parameter
with ADO?

Thank you GREG

Problem with output parameter of stored procedure..HELP

Post by Carlos Eduardo Roja » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 00:44:07

Take a look at the following kb article. It explains how to do accomplish
what you want.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q194/7/92.ASP
--
HTH
Carlos Eduardo Rojas
Author: SQL Server Programming By Example
http://www.sqlserverbyexample.com

Quote:> I'va an application write by VB6.
> I've a stored procedure with 1 input parameter and 1
> output parameter.
> How can do for launch an sqlserver2000 store procedure in
> VB6 with ADO?
> How can i do for take stored procedure's output parameter
> with ADO?

> Thank you GREG

1. Error at obtaining output parameters of the stored procedure, calling other stored procedure

From ASP we call the procedure usp_one MS SQL 7.0, which through linked
server calls(causes) the procedure usp_two MS SQL 6.5, placed on other
computer. Both procedures have both input, and output parameters.
The problem consists that in output parameters of the first procedure the
values output parameters second (are received by way of their following in
the second procedure), and the values output of parameters of the first
procedure are lost.
Certainly, the successful procedure call usp_one (is present in view of an
only return code) happens, only if the types output of parameters under the
order of their following coincide or can be converted by default.

2. V7 Editor applhelp.p

3. output parameters stored procedures / extended stored procedures

4. catastrophic failure

5. Problem getting an output parameter from stored procedure

6. Between a rock and explain

7. Problem retrieving value of output parameter following execution of stored procedure

8. odbc3 stored procedure call output parameter problem

9. 6.5 Stored Procedure OUTPUT Parameter Help

10. HELP! Stored Procedure Output Parameter Error

11. Need help on retrieving OUTPUT parameter in stored procedure and Visual Interdev 6.0 - SQL Server 6.5

12. HELP: OUTPUT parameter & Store Procedure