How to return database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5

How to return database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

hi, maybe someone can help me please

How to return my  database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5 , I didn't
back up the database but only the file like : Indo.dat ... How i can return
it correctly without changing what have i setup in Indo.dat before

Thank's
Edy Susanto

How to return database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5

Post by Tibor Karasz » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Edy,

Check out DISK REINIT and DISK REFIT.

--
Tibor Karaszi
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

> hi, maybe someone can help me please

> How to return my  database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5 , I
didn't
> back up the database but only the file like : Indo.dat ... How i can
return
> it correctly without changing what have i setup in Indo.dat before

> Thank's
> Edy Susanto

How to return database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

i still found error when running DISK REFIT
the error message is :

Warning: Disk Refit may not have the correct segment map information in
Sysusages.  Please review these after the command completes to verify their
accuracy.

Error : 806, Severity: 21, State: 1
Could not find virtual page for logical page 58573  in database 'Indoward'

maybe you can give me the solution about that

regards
Edy

> Edy,

> Check out DISK REINIT and DISK REFIT.

> --
> Tibor Karaszi
> MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP
> Cornerstone Sweden AB
> Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by email.

> > hi, maybe someone can help me please

> > How to return my  database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5 , I
> didn't
> > back up the database but only the file like : Indo.dat ... How i can
> return
> > it correctly without changing what have i setup in Indo.dat before

> > Thank's
> > Edy Susanto

How to return database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Te first is only a warning stating that DISK REFIT is not a "safe"
statements (in lack of better wording).

The second one is worrying, though. Does it make the database suspect?
I haven't had that, but I'm guessing that you didn't "mount" all the devices
that the database was using (perhaps missed the log-device?).