MSDBA training resources for the DW exam

MSDBA training resources for the DW exam

Post by Euan Garde » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

There is an official MS Course: 1502B.

-Euan

Quote:> Anyone know of any books or study resources for the Designing and

Post by Manning Bartlet » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Anyone know of any books or study resources for the Designing and
Implementing Data Warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 (Exam No.
70-019)?

MSDBA training resources for the DW exam

Post by Manning Bartlet » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Appreciate the mention, Euan, but as far as I can tell this course isn't
offered in australia as of yet... we're still waiting for the Windows 3.1
Course to begin... (it's not quite that bad, but close).

Hence does anyone know of any other resources - Book, online, cd-rom...?

> There is an official MS Course: 1502B.

> -Euan

> > Anyone know of any books or study resources for the Designing and
> > Implementing Data Warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 (Exam No.
> > 70-019)?

MSDBA training resources for the DW exam

Post by Pete Izzar » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have a book called SQL Server7 Data Warehousing
Publishers Osborne McGrawHill (www.osborne.com)
ISBN 0 - 07 - 211921 -7
Personally I'm not too impressed with it but it's there.

Pete Izzard

>Anyone know of any books or study resources for the Designing and
>Implementing Data Warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 (Exam No.
>70-019)?

MSDBA training resources for the DW exam

Post by Euan Garde » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

There are a couple fo MS Data Warehousing books out, one by Riley and the
other
is by McGraw Hill I think (Green Cover). To be honest neither will be a huge
help with the new DW exam.

A generic book on DW( Kimball ), a good book on SQL Server(Inside...),
info on DTS(SQLMag is the best place just now) and info on Plato/MDX
(The Microsoft OLAP Solutions by Erik Thomsen,George Spofford,Dick Chase).

'Fraid thats the best I can do.

-Euan

> Appreciate the mention, Euan, but as far as I can tell this course isn't
> offered in australia as of yet... we're still waiting for the Windows 3.1
> Course to begin... (it's not quite that bad, but close).

> Hence does anyone know of any other resources - Book, online, cd-rom...?

> > There is an official MS Course: 1502B.

> > -Euan

> > > Anyone know of any books or study resources for the Designing and
> > > Implementing Data Warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 (Exam No.
> > > 70-019)?

MSDBA training resources for the DW exam

Post by Roger Abel » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

There is a fairly new MS Press release in the Notes from the Field
series
Title something like Deploying SQL 7  but it is pretty heavy in DW and
VLDB

> Anyone know of any books or study resources for the Designing and
> Implementing Data Warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 (Exam No.
> 70-019)?

MSDBA training resources for the DW exam

Post by Manning Bartlet » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Yeah - already got it. I wasn't that impressed either. And as Euan said -
not really any help in doing the exam.

> I have a book called SQL Server7 Data Warehousing
> Publishers Osborne McGrawHill (www.osborne.com)
> ISBN 0 - 07 - 211921 -7
> Personally I'm not too impressed with it but it's there.

> Pete Izzard

> >Anyone know of any books or study resources for the Designing and
> >Implementing Data Warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 (Exam No.
> >70-019)?

MSDBA training resources for the DW exam

Post by Manning Bartlet » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Yeah, I've got a few books so far, the Kimball pair, The DW with SQL7 book.
Haven't tried SQLMag so I'll look it up.

Appreciate the help.

Manning
Sydney, Aust

> There are a couple fo MS Data Warehousing books out, one by Riley and the
> other
> is by McGraw Hill I think (Green Cover). To be honest neither will be a huge
> help with the new DW exam.

> A generic book on DW( Kimball ), a good book on SQL Server(Inside...),
> info on DTS(SQLMag is the best place just now) and info on Plato/MDX
> (The Microsoft OLAP Solutions by Erik Thomsen,George Spofford,Dick Chase).

> 'Fraid thats the best I can do.

> -Euan

> > Appreciate the mention, Euan, but as far as I can tell this course isn't
> > offered in australia as of yet... we're still waiting for the Windows 3.1
> > Course to begin... (it's not quite that bad, but close).

> > Hence does anyone know of any other resources - Book, online, cd-rom...?

> > > There is an official MS Course: 1502B.

> > > -Euan

1. 2/20 News: Oracle9i Exam 4 beta candidates needed, Free Training resources

The Database Domain News Update
Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2001

http://www.dbdomain.com

The Database Domain is a service provided by
Animated Learning, Inc. (http://www.animatedlearning.com)

NEWS STORIES: Please visit http://www.dbdomain.com/news.htm for the
full text of all of the following stories:

--> BETA CANDIDATES NEEDED FOR ORACLE9i DBA EXAM 4
Oracle needs you to help get the Oracle9i Database: Performance
Tuning, Exam number 1Z1-033 ready for production. Find out how you can
sign up for the beta exam.

--> ORACLE APP DEV REL. 2 TRACK TO BE RETIRED
Find out exactly which exams are being retired and when.

--> UNBREAKABLE? SECURITY EXPERT FINDS FLAWS IN 9i PRODUCTS
We tell you all about what holes were found, how serious it is, and
where to find the patches.

--> ELLISON: ORACLE'S "WHOLE BUSINESS" WILL RUN ON LINUX
Oracle is about to replace three Unix servers that run the bulk of its
business applications with a cluster of Intel servers running Linux,
Oracle Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Larry Ellison said.

TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
Complete Oracle9i Certification Information
20% Off OCP Testing
Free Oracle Training

SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS
Free Software Downloads

HELPFUL RESOURCES
New Technical Articles Posted, including Oracle9i stuff
Learn Oracle Now and Get a Job
And more!

Please visit http://www.dbdomain.com/news.htm for the full text of all
of the preceding stories.

==============================
UPCOMING ORACLE EVENTS
==============================

ORACLE APPSWORLD
San Diego, California
April 7 – 10, 2002
http://www.oracle.com/appsworld/sandiego/conference/

IOUG-A LIVE! 2002
April 14 - 18, 2002
San Diego, California USA
http://www.ioug.org

OAUG SPRING 2002 CONFERENCE
May 19-22, 2002
Convention Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
http://www.oaug.org/confer.html
call 1.404.240.0999

For a complete listing of events, visit
http://www.dbdomain.com/events.htm

2. Case Question

3. 2/20 News: Free Training resources, Oracle9i Exam 4 beta candidates needed

4. Save through DDE call?

5. Training Registry - Directory of Database training resources

6. hyperlink

7. SQL server and ACCESS??