Embedding a Word document in a SQL Server 7 table column

Embedding a Word document in a SQL Server 7 table column

Post by Iain » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone embedded a Word document in a SQL Server 7 table column ? I know
the column type should be 'image', but I can't really find anything useful
in SQL Server Books Online on how to insert the document and then retreive
it in an easy way - it indicates using READTEXT and WRITETEXT, but surely
there must be an easier way ?

Thanks in advance.

1. Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

My problem is :

I have an Access 2000 DB.
A table contains a field of type "OLE Data".
This field contains Microsoft Word's embedded documents.
What I want is to generate word documents for each of the record
programatically in VB. But not succeeded yet.
I also need to do it from SQL Server DB, as I have upsized my Access DB to
SQL Server and it is exported in an Image type of field. How can I generate
document files from this Access or SQL Server DB.

I tried to achieve it in 2 ways; first I tried:
Created a form, inserted a data control and an OLE control, bound it with
the required field.
When I run the VB program, it successfully opens the docudments from DB in
the control.
Then I tried to save the control data using "OLE1.SaveToFile" method to
generate a document.
It generated a document but unfortunately this document is not in the
correct MS Word format so not opening in Word.

and secondly I used Getchunk method but the result was same.

I hope you can understand my problem. I need a quick response. Thanks in
advance for help.

Zaki

2. createlang failed!

3. Filemaker record to word document and word document list

4. Die Welt: SAP stock now 4% of German stock market index

5. Embed a Word document in Access

6. 2.6 on a network - Help

7. Embedding an Excel document into SQL Server Blob field

8. HELP NEEDED ON SPEED OF QUERY Please!

9. Embedding an Excel document into SQL Server

10. Word Documents stored in SQL tables

11. Word Document in SQL Server

12. WORD DOCUMENTS IN SQL server 7

13. Inserting Word Documents into SQL Server Text Field