Hello Dr. Spofford - AS2K - Cannot process cube connecting to ORACLE database

Hello Dr. Spofford - AS2K - Cannot process cube connecting to ORACLE database

Post by Pho Nguye » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 05:42:46

Using SQL 2000 OLAP, I created a cube accessing ORACLE DB.
It failed when I process the cube. Have you seen this
problem ? and Please tell me how to overcome this ?

Hello Dr. Spofford - AS2K - Cannot process cube connecting to ORACLE database

Post by Chris Web » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:05:04

Can you tell us what the error message was? Creating cubes from Oracle
should be no problem.

Quote:> Using SQL 2000 OLAP, I created a cube accessing ORACLE DB.

Post by Chris Web » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:06:12

Can you tell us what the error message was? Creating cubes from Oracle
should be no problem.

Quote:> Using SQL 2000 OLAP, I created a cube accessing ORACLE DB.
> It failed when I process the cube. Have you seen this
> problem ? and Please tell me how to overcome this ?

Hello Dr. Spofford - AS2K - Cannot process cube connecting to ORACLE database

Post by Pho Nguye » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 08:55:55

I've found the problem. It's installation ! I re-installed
to a new machine. It works oK now ! Thanks you for your
Help !

1. DR: Cannot connect to primary server

We have 7.31 on Solaris_x86 5.7. The secondary
server suddenly said

16:47:22  DR: ping timeout
16:47:22  DR: Receive error
16:47:23  DR: Receive Btree error
16:47:24  DR: Turned off on secondary server

and keeps on saying

12:28:20  DR: Trying to connect to primary server ...
12:28:20  DR: Cannot connect to primary server
12:28:20  DR: Turned off on secondary server
12:28:21  Physical Recovery Started.
12:28:21  Physical Recovery Complete: 0 Pages Restored.
12:28:21  Onconfig parameter CDR_DSLOCKWAIT modified from 0 to 5.
12:28:21  Dataskip is now OFF for all dbspaces
12:28:21  Recovery Mode
12:57:02  DR: Secondary to Secondary
12:57:02  DR: new type = secondary, primary server name = database
12:57:02  DR: Trying to connect to primary server ...
12:57:02  DR: Cannot connect to primary server
12:57:02  DR: Turned off on secondary server

when we stop and restart it. The primary server
runs normally and can be pinged from the secondary, so I don't see why IFX cannot connect
to it, nothing has been changed (so they say) on
any of the two. How can I find out what went wrong?

--Micha

2. Development Time Estimate

3. Cannot process cubes due to missing module

4. FileMakerPro Binder with WindowsME-Explorer5.5

5. Cannot process a cube

6. Can Ojects be stored in DBASE IV Record

7. Cannot process cube from client

8. Interbase

9. cannot process cube using DTS

10. I cannot finish processing cube in olap service

11. Cannot browse a processed cube restored from .CAB file

12. Only one user cannot connect to cubes

13. Large cubes, partitions and editions AS2K