change location of transaction log

Post by Carmen Adam » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 19:46:42

Probably a stupid question, but here goes....

Is there a way to change the location of the transaction log for a specific
database in SQL 7 after installation?

The transaction log was deleted and when SQL recreated it, it put it in a
different location.  I would like to put it back to it's original location.

TIA

Carmen

change location of transaction log

Post by Carlos Eduardo Roja » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:03:20

Take a look at this kb article in support.microsoft.com
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q224/0/71.asp?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0
Carlos Eduardo Rojas
MCSE + Internet, MCDBA, MCSS
PASS Spanish Group

Probably a stupid question, but here goes....

Is there a way to change the location of the transaction log for a specific
database in SQL 7 after installation?

The transaction log was deleted and when SQL recreated it, it put it in a
different location.  I would like to put it back to it's original location.

TIA

Carmen

1. Change location of transaction log file?

Hi,

we're running a Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.4 database on a novell 3.12
server. Database and transaction log file on the same volume and on the
same physical device (spanning 2 harddisks). For performance and
security reasons I would like to place the transaction log file on a
different volume on a second physical device (spanning another pair of
harddisks) on the same server.

Which utility do I have to use and what kind of trouble may I run into?

Thanks

Rainer Hofmann

2. linked server security

3. Changing location of transaction log

4. Finding the day date from week number

5. How to change Transaction Log Location for MS SQL 7.0

6. Probably an easy one...

7. Changing the location of the transaction log in SQL

8. Where is the location of the Transaction Logs?

9. Transaction Log File Locations

10. SQL transaction Log location

11. Location of Transaction Log

12. Moving Transaction log location!!!