Importing SAS dataset via DTS Import/Export Wizard

Importing SAS dataset via DTS Import/Export Wizard

Post by Fernand » Sat, 18 May 2002 04:36:51

I am trying to import a SAS dataset using the
Import/Export Wizard. I am getting an error:
"Context:Error calling GetRowset to get DBSCHEMA_TABLES
schema info.Your provider does not supportall the scema
rowsets required by DTS."

Any info on the cause of this error???

Thank you.

Fernando

Importing SAS dataset via DTS Import/Export Wizard

Post by David Sheaffer » Wed, 22 May 2002 06:37:38

The provider  does not support the functionality required by DTS. What
provider are you using for the SAS dataset?  Have you tried creating a DSN
and in DTS use Other (ODBC Data Source) as the provider?

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Importing SAS dataset via DTS Import/Export Wizard

Post by Fernando Villega » Wed, 22 May 2002 22:59:15

Hi David,
Thanks for the reply.
I used both the SAS IOM data provider and SAS Local Data provider, and
both did not work.
I already tried creating a DSN, and I was able to import a SAS dataset
into SQL database, only if I login as an Admin (Windows 2000
Professional operating system).

Thank you.

Fernando

Importing SAS dataset via DTS Import/Export Wizard

Post by David Sheaffer » Wed, 22 May 2002 23:36:15

Fernando,
  During the import the account used to connect to SQL Server will need at
least permission to insert into the destination table.  Depending on what
the package does, ex drop and recreate table,  additional permission maybe
required.  So to execute a package you do not need to necessarily by an
administrator.  So check if the SAS dataset has any permission requirements
that would require administrator rights.

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

1. Importing text files into SQL Server 2000 Database using DTS Import/Export Wizard

   I'm having a problem with exporting data from text files(received
by e-mail) into SQL Server 2000 Database. These files
were created by dumping the data from SQL Server 7
tables. Each row of
these files has a fixed length and  no special delimeters
between the fields - only spaces.The Wizard detected the import file as a
file with delimited fields(Screen "Select file format"). The next screen of
the Wizard detected the column
delimeter as "other", but I couldn't detect the character. As
soon as put in the delimeter field spaces, it gave me the wrong
number of colums in the result SQL Server Table( = junk).
    If I defined the file as a file with fixed length, the next screen
of  the Wizard I got the fields with
offset(they were not left justified). When I copied this file into
the database, I got the table with the wrong number of fields
and rong data in them.
Can anybody tell me, what is the problem and is it really
possible to import the data this way ?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sergei Cher

2. need help whit norwegian ? in Progress 8.2C

3. DTS Import Wizard won't complete the import

4. reorganize SQL 6.5 on 1 device

5. DTS import/Export wizard crashes WIN95

6. How can I change the mouse pointer to the hourglass?

7. DTS Import/Export Wizard Error

8. oracle vs mssql server

9. DTS Import/export wizard error

10. Problems with DTS Import/Export Wizard

11. DTS Import/Export Wizard Error CoCreateInstance

12. DTS Export/Import Wizards: Server 7.0 to Desktop 7.0

13. DTS Import/Export Wizard crashes!