Can anyone answer this??? - trigger problem

Can anyone answer this??? - trigger problem

Post by DaveSat » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:21:55

this may help: http://www.mssqlserver.com/faq/systemtables-modify.asp

Quote:> Is There a way to create a trigger on a system table? I am trying to
select
> data from the sysprocesses table when a row is inserted into the table.
Is

Post by Stacey Fernande » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:05:29

Is There a way to create a trigger on a system table? I am trying to select
data from the sysprocesses table when a row is inserted into the table.  Is
there a way to bypass the security issue...or perhaps someone has another
method?  I so not want to use a trace if i can avoid it.

-thanks
Stace

Can anyone answer this??? - trigger problem

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:07:35

Stace,

In addition to Dave's post:

There's not use even trying to create a trigger on sysprocesses (not that I recommend
creating triggers on system tables in general). This table is a virtual table, it
doesn't exists physically.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com