SQL Server 7.0 Client Install

Post by Jason Rigsbe » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:31:33

I need to copy only the needed files to install the SQL Client onto a Win9x,
WinNT, Win2K workstation.  Where are just the SQL 7.0 client install files
located on the SQL Server CD and is there an installation program for just
the client?  If not, I need to know how to do this.  I do not want to give
my server CD to everyone requiring access to the SQL server.

Thank you.

jlr

SQL Server 7.0 Client Install

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:02:36

You might want to check out MDAC_TYP.EXE or SQLREDIS.EXE. It contains netlibs, odbc
etc. But not the client tools, like QA, EM etc (for which you do need the whole CD
set, I believe).

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
See Neil Pike's FAQ at: http://www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?DepartmentID=800

Quote:> I need to copy only the needed files to install the SQL Client onto a Win9x,
> WinNT, Win2K workstation.  Where are just the SQL 7.0 client install files
> located on the SQL Server CD and is there an installation program for just
> the client?  If not, I need to know how to do this.  I do not want to give
> my server CD to everyone requiring access to the SQL server.

> Thank you.

> jlr

SQL Server 7.0 Client Install

Post by Prem Reymon » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:15:35

 To install the Client without installing the 'SQL Server Enterprise Manager'
Interface,

 > Run Setup, and select  install SQL Server 7.0 components - Desktop edition
 > Select the custom option
 > Uncheck the checkbox for 'Server Component'
 > Check the checkbox for 'Management Tools', and deselect the sub component
'Enterprise Manager, and select the rest of the sub components.