SQL Server 7.0 & 2 processors??

Post by Hung Huyn » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I've just added a 2nd processor into the server. However, SQL Server 7.0
can't seem to see it??
What do I need to do in order to utilize this 2nd processor? Thanks!

HH

1. Want to add 2 more processors on SQL Server 7.0 (SP2) Server

I have a SQL Server 7.0 Database Server which is hitting the CPU hard.  I
want to add 2 more processors to the server (total of 4) but wanted to know
if SQL Server will see the processors automatically or if some configuration
needs to take place.  Also, I'm getting more RAM and wondered if I can do
anything to utilize this RAM and speed things up.

Any information would greatly be appreciated.

2. SP Version Error AND Unable to Open Tables in Design Mode

3. SQL Server 7.0 Not using 2nd processor?

4. Free SQL Server security webcast by Microsoft's Girish Chander

5. Multiple processors with SQL Server 7.0

6. Tricky BDE32 question.

7. Single processor SQL 2000 on dual processor server

8. check constraint

9. sql 7/2000 & adding processors to server

10. SQL Server & Alpha processor

11. SQL Server 7.0 on NT Server to SQL Server 7.0 on win2k Pro