I have a problem to restore backup of office's database in my home. Why?
Paulo Eduardo Devide
S. Paulo - Brazil
What error message do you get ?
Quote:> Dear Friends,
> I have a problem to restore backup of office's database in my home. Why?
> Paulo Eduardo Devide
> S. Paulo - Brazil
I lost a bunch of records in one of my tables and would like to simply
restore the table from last night's backup. I run a complete backup, one
every night at about 1am.
Perhaps there's a better way, but here's what I've tried:
1) I created a blank, dummy database called "dbrestore".
2) Using EM, I performed a Restore Database where I restored to the
dbrestore database from the production database's backups. I selected
"database" for the restore option (as opposed to "filegroups or files" or
"from backup device")
3) I choose my latest backup from the "first backup to restore" drop down.
The latest one is then selected in the dialog below.
4) I click on the Options tab and "force restore over existing database"
5) "Ensure Leave database as operational" is checked
The error I get is:
Logical file "dbname_log" is not part of the database 'testrestore'. Use
RESTORE FILELISTONLY to list the logical filenames. RESTORE DATABASE is
Please help or give me a better solution.
11. Error in restore