Error in restore

Post by Paulo Eduardo Devid » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

Dear Friends,

I have a problem to restore backup of office's database in my home. Why?

Regards,

Paulo Eduardo Devide
S. Paulo - Brazil

Error in restore

Post by Jurgen Postelman » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

I can be due to different causes:
1) Your sort order and/or charset at home and at work are different
2) The directories in which your databases resides at work don't exist at
home

What error message do you get ?

--
Jurgen Postelmans
FleXcom NV

Quote:> Dear Friends,

> I have a problem to restore backup of office's database in my home. Why?

> Regards,

> Paulo Eduardo Devide
> S. Paulo - Brazil

1. Database restore error - cannot restore

I lost a bunch of records in one of my tables and would like to simply
restore the table from last night's backup.  I run a complete backup, one
every night at about 1am.

Perhaps there's a better way, but here's what I've tried:

1) I created a blank, dummy database called "dbrestore".

2) Using EM, I performed a Restore Database where I restored to the
dbrestore database from the production database's backups.  I selected
"database" for the restore option (as opposed to "filegroups or files" or
"from backup device")

3) I choose my latest backup from the "first backup to restore" drop down.
The latest one is then selected in the dialog below.

4) I click on the Options tab and "force restore over existing database"

5) "Ensure Leave database as operational" is checked

The error I get is:

Logical file "dbname_log" is not part of the database 'testrestore'.  Use
RESTORE FILELISTONLY to list the logical filenames. RESTORE DATABASE is
terminating abnormally.

Please help or give me a better solution.

_____
DC G

2. Advice on Pick

3. Restore error when restoring between different servers

4. Saving a new record in Access

5. Restore from Dump Allocation Error (Failed Restore)

6. Working with clustered SQL

7. Error in restoring the database - SQL0293N Error

8. SQL Server 2000 Diagram Bug (?)

9. error while restoring file to a different server

10. error when restoring OLAP DB

11. Error in restore

12. Error when restoring using Backup Exec

13. The error in restoring?