HELP: replicate AS400 files to SQL7.0

Post by Jin Kon » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:44:34

Hi All,

Need help on this issue:  Can I replicate AS400 files to SQL 7.0 server? If
so, could transactional replication work, since the data needs to be up to
the minute.

Thanks in advance.

Jin Kong

HELP: replicate AS400 files to SQL7.0

Post by Chuc » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 07:02:03

Hi All,

please put me on the reply list for this one, too.

regards,
chuck

Quote:>Hi All,

>Need help on this issue:  Can I replicate AS400 files to SQL 7.0 server? If
>so, could transactional replication work, since the data needs to be up to
>the minute.

>Thanks in advance.

>Jin Kong

HELP: replicate AS400 files to SQL7.0

Post by Jeff Gai » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 07:54:34

We have been working on this issue for the last 2 months. From our research
to date it would appear that the only way to accomplish transactional
replication between DB2/400 and SQL Server is through 3rd party add-on
tools. We have been using DataMirror Transformation Server in the past.
However we are not entirely satisfied with it for various reasons.

We are now looking at IBM's DataJoiner product. It is actually 2 parts -
DataJoiner runs on the NT side and DataPropagator runs on the AS/400 side.
You can apparently manage all of your subscriptions/publications from the
DataJoiner box. The product looks promising to us. Unfortunately it costs an
additional $15000 US.

We begin DataJoiner installation on Monday. Let's hope it works like they
say it does.

Jeff Gair
OSF Inc.

Quote:> Hi All,

> Need help on this issue:  Can I replicate AS400 files to SQL 7.0 server?
If
> so, could transactional replication work, since the data needs to be up to
> the minute.

> Thanks in advance.

> Jin Kong

1. *** HELP - I can't see or import AS400 logical files into SQL7 ****

Hi,

I'm new to SQL 7 and I have a problem viewing logical files from the AS400.  When I try to import data into SQL using DTS from the AS400 it sees all the physical files fine but just can't see the logicals which are in the same library.  I am using a Client Accesss ODBC Driver (version 5) for the data source and when I use the same data source to import details from the AS400 into Cognos or Crystal Reports I CAN see logical files aswell as physicals.  I thought you could see tables and views from the AS400 in SQL.

I there anywhere I can tell it to retrieve not only physical files but also logicals or system tables etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Melania

2. erreur

3. Trying to import logical files from AS400 into SQL7

4. help with inserting ' in field

5. Importing physical and logical files from the AS400 to SQL7

6. help please.... DB-Library error

7. Replicate AS400 Data to SQL Server 7

8. 'Cannot insert the value NULL into column'

9. Replicating to AS400

10. replicate from AS400 DB2 to SQL

11. How to replicate from AS400

12. Updating SQL7 data from AS400

13. Importing last days data from AS400/DB2 to SQL7