Neat select -- but how ??

Post by Erb » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I want to make a select like this for example:

Show me all FirstName from CustomerTable where FirstName like........here's
the tricky part:
   starting with 'Burt' and stop at 'Henry'-----the names must be
inparameters

can this be done with a Stored Procedure in 7.0?

Thx
/*Erb

Neat select -- but how ??

Post by syml.. » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quite Simple

Select FirstName from CustomerTable

Order by FirstName

Dave

Quote:> I want to make a select like this for example:

> Show me all FirstName from CustomerTable where FirstName
like........here's
> the tricky part:
>    starting with 'Burt' and stop at 'Henry'-----the names must be
> inparameters

> can this be done with a Stored Procedure in 7.0?

> Thx
> /*Erb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Neat select -- but how ??

Post by Туманов Владимир Игореви » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

        select name from table
        where name like '____%'

        order by name

        Vladimir Tumanov
        Novosibirsk, Russia
         ----------------

Quote:> I want to make a select like this for example:

> Show me all FirstName from CustomerTable where FirstName
> like........here's
> the tricky part:
>    starting with 'Burt' and stop at 'Henry'-----the names must be
> inparameters

> can this be done with a Stored Procedure in 7.0?

> Thx
> /*Erb

Neat select -- but how ??

Post by Erb » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Thank you Vladimir and Dave. With your help I got it to work :-))

balchoye spasiba !!

*Erb

1. Logging changes to DB - any neat ideas?

My VB3 app uses (mostly) bound controls to update records in the Access
DB. Fine.
Question is: How do I log the changes to the DB?
I can trap before a write (validate event) but not at each read (or can I?).
What I need to know in the validate event is 'what has changed?'.
Any ideas?
--
Simon Rayner
Why not walk Offa's Dyke this year? 177 miles of uncrowded countryside.

2. Cell formatting and ADO.NET/OleDb

3. Got a neat tip to share?

4. JDBC / stored procedures / transaction/ rollback capability

5. Neat Trick, Pdox 9 Sp4 Proview?

6. Interop with DTSPkg etc..

7. Neat address fields

8. ReplaceComponent - A neat little routine

9. NEAT SITE THAT I FOUND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

10. Neat question... DATETIME IDENTITY

11. SQL Query Problem - Is there a neat solution?

12. Neat