SQL Replication to CE from IIS / SQL Errors

SQL Replication to CE from IIS / SQL Errors

Post by Andrew Mart » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:51:40

I have a network with a separate IIS and SQL Box.  I have setup a
Publication on SQL, and installed the SQL CE dlls on IIS (sscesa10.dll
and sscerp10.dll).  I have my virtual directory set up on IIS as well
with anonymous authentication tied to a domain user account (not
IUSER_Machine).  I can browse HTTP://SQLSERVER_IP/sync/sscesa10.dll
and get the "Body" text.  On SQL, I have set the Publication and
Database user to the same user as I use on IIS.  Despite all this - I
am still unable to replicate from the device.  I have been through all
sorts of online help and documents, but I have spent far too much time
without success.  Below is my code and the errors I see.  Thanks for
any insight you can provide.

Dim objSqlCE As SSCE.Replication

Set objSqlCE = CreateObject("SSCE.Replication.1.0")

        objSqlCE.InternetURL = "http://SQLSERVER_IP/sync/sscesa10.dll"
        objSqlCE.InternetLogin = ""
        objSqlCE.InternetPassword = ""
        objSqlCE.Publisher = "SQL_SERVER_NAME"
        objSqlCE.PublisherDatabase = "DB_NAME"
        objSqlCE.Publication = "DB_NAME"
        objSqlCE.PublisherSecurityMode = DB_AUTHENTICATION
        objSqlCE.PublisherLogin = "AdminUser"
        objSqlCE.PublisherPassword = "Password"

        objSqlCE.SubscriberConnectionString = "data source=\Program
Files\App\DEVICE_DB_NAME.sdf"
        objSqlCE.Subscriber = "SQLCE Subscriber"
        objSqlCE.AddSubscription CREATE_DATABASE
        objSqlCE.Initialize

        If objSqlCE.ErrorRecords.Count > 0 Then
           ShowErrors objSqlCE.ErrorRecords
        End If

        objSqlCE.Run

        If objSqlCE.ErrorRecords.Count > 0 Then
           ShowErrors objSqlCE.ErrorRecords
        End If

Ater the Run step - I get these series of errors:

Source:  Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition
Number: 80045901
Native Error:  29045

Source:  Merge Process
Number: 4E74
Native Error:  0
'SQL_SERVER_NAME'

Source:  T01SQL01
Number: 4818
Native Error:  0

I'm not sure what the deal is - the first error is listed out there as
being related to a bad dll on IIS, but I checked, and it's there.  I'm
not sure what that issue is.  Otherwise - I think I've got a bad
setting somewhere with the login information.  I've looked all over -
I checked the distrobution credentials and the startup server user -
and both are correct.  I'm not sure where else to change.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

SQL Replication to CE from IIS / SQL Errors

Post by srice1 » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:44:47

Hi,

Your IIS setting is fine. The pbm could be in SQL Server login. You have
to create the login for user: "AdminUser" as standard user and give
permission to this user to your database. Then give access to the
publication (using publication access list) to this login user. Also,
Verify the password you are passing in the replciation code.

Hope this helps. Sri

Post by af » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 08:04:29

> Hi,

> Your IIS setting is fine. The pbm could be in SQL Server login. You have
> to create the login for user: "AdminUser" as standard user and give
> permission to this user to your database. Then give access to the
> publication (using publication access list) to this login user. Also,
> Verify the password you are passing in the replciation code.

> Hope this helps. Sri

Turns out I was doing it all correct, but my IIS box was not in the
domain of the SQL box, so my request was not getting to SQL since the
IIS account didn't have any rights there.  I had no problems with the
replication once I moved the IIS box into the domain.  We don't want
to do this, since we'd like to have our front-end IIS server outside
the domain for security reasons, but we have found no logical ways to
set this up.

Thanks for your help.

1. SQL CE replication - IIS problem

Hi a bit of a cross related problem.

I am trying to get replication between SQL CE on a pocket PC and SQL server
2000.  I am at the stage of installing Microsoft? SQL ServerT 2000 Windows?
CE Edition (SQL Server CE) on the computer running  IIS5.  My problem is
that IIS now seems to have died.

It says it's running but can't access and site, nothing is listening on port
80 or 443. There are no errors in the event log about W3SVC.

Anyone experienced this.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart

2. xp_cmdshell problems under SQL 7.0

3. IIS + SQL CE . IIS other than 80

4. Randomizing Column Contents

5. SQL CE Replication Error - 80004005

6. How to repair a database?

7. Error using Replication with SQL 2000 CE 1.1

8. Newbie question

9. SQL CE-Replication Error : 8007005

10. SQL 2000/SQL CE replication...interesting question.

11. Replication SQL CE and SQL Server 2000

12. Error: SQLCE Replication Multiple Server IIS - SQL Server

13. Problem with replication SQL 2000 Standart and SQL CE