Cloning of a SQL2k running SP2

Post by Atiq » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 02:02:14

How to clone an existing production running SQL2k SP2 on a
Different Machine running SQL2K with SP3. Transfer all
user logins and security roles and all other objects.
Basically I'm trying to clone Production environment.

Cloning of a SQL2k running SP2

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 02:46:10

Please don't post independently in multiple newsgroups.  You can add the
other newsgroups in the "Newsgroups" section in the header and it will show
up in all those simultaneously as will the answers.  See my reply in the
other newsgroup.

--

Andrew J. Kelly
SQL Server MVP

Quote:> How to clone an existing production running SQL2k SP2 on a
> Different Machine running SQL2K with SP3. Transfer all
> user logins and security roles and all other objects.
> Basically I'm trying to clone Production environment.

1. Going back from SQL2K SP3 to SQL2K SP2 + patch

Hi all
Guess what? Developers didn't test properly and we found compatibility
problems on SQL2K SP3.
In our test envirnoment, we have had no problems restoring a SP3 database
back to a SP2 environment. Is this an "allowed practice"? Does anyone know
of any potential problems with this?
Many thanks in advance.
-Jono

2. recordset recordcount

3. Transactional Replication : log reader agent fails (SQL2K SP2 WIN2K SP2)

4. help with syntax

5. Cannot run script files, when running SP2

6. ISourcesRowset::GetSourcesRowset

7. SP2 on SQL2k and Win2K Cluster Transaction log backup problem

8. datetime column update

9. Problems installing SP2 for SQL2K in Cluster Active X Active

10. SQL2K SP2 fails to install on either node of active/passive cluster (code 183)

11. active/passive w2k sp2 + sql2k sp1 = oops

12. SQL2K SP2 and new Fulltext-Problem