Removable Storage Manager error

Post by A. Tolga KILIN » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:34:28

Hi, during a backup opareation to disk, my SQL machine became down and when
I restart the machine I get the message:
"Removable Storage Manager refused the request to hibernate or suspend the
system.
One or more applications have active connections open to this service. Close
all applications that are using this service ( including the " Removable
Storage" MMc snap-in) before attempting to hibernate or suspend the system"

But I do not use a removable storage device (tape...etc). on to hard diskj
and I do not have active applications and no MMC.
How can I recover ? Which settings do I have to change in SQL server?
regards,
tolga

Removable Storage Manager error

Post by Cindy Gross ( » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:34:04

This isn't a SQL Server error message, so there are no SQL Server settings that will prevent the message. Use these links to troubleshoot the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;252471
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;810903
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;266169

Cindy Gross, MCDBA, MCSE
http://cindygross.tripod.com

1. Storage manager error

Anyone else run into this problem? Since upgrading my database to 8.1.7, DBA
Studio and Storage Manager both abort half of the time when I click on any
tablespace in the left pane. It seems to hang for a few minutes first and
then aborts with this error...

VBO-1508: an error has occurred and the server object could not be
initialized. Please disconnect and try again. ORA-00235: controlfile fixed
table inconsistent due to concurrent update

2. THIS IS THE ONE ! - Sharp Techies Wanted

3. Oracel Enterprise Manager/storage manager

4. Help optimizing query

5. OnBAR & Storage Managers

6. report problems

7. Legato Storage Manager (LSM) question

8. alert package

9. Onbar/Informix Storage Manager question

10. High Water Mark in Storage Manager

11. Using Tivoli Storage Manager to dump db

12. Please help with Storage Manager