SQL Server 7.0 Update - logins not working

SQL Server 7.0 Update - logins not working

Post by Andrea Balla » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

After I migrate over our SQL Server 6.5 database over to SQL Server
7.0, I tried to log on using some of the migrated logins.  These did
not work, although the sa account did.  I looked (through Enterprise
Manager) and the logins looked correct.  I tried changing the
passwords, and that didn't work.  I tried typing uppercase, mixed
case, and lowercase, and that didn't fix the problem.

I finally deleted the users and set them back up exactly as they were
migrated over, and they now work.  Has anyone else experienced this
problem?  Will this be fixed in the final version?

Thanks,

Andrea Ballard
Database Administrator/Application Programmer
Premier Service Systems, Inc.

SQL Server 7.0 Update - logins not working

Post by Andrea Balla » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

After investigating this issue further, I have discovered that the
passwords are migrated over as null or blank.  If I try to change the
passwords in SQL Enterprise, it acts like it changes, but if I try to
log on, it will not let me with the new password or the null value.  I
have to go back and reset the password to null in order to log back in
with that id.

Is there any way to change the passwords from blank, because this is a
security hazard?  And will the final version of 7.0 migrate the
passwords correctly or at least let me change them to something other
than blank?

Thanks,
Andrea Ballard
Database Administrator/Application Programmer
Premier Service Systems, Inc.

>After I migrate over our SQL Server 6.5 database over to SQL Server
>7.0, I tried to log on using some of the migrated logins.  These did
>not work, although the sa account did.  I looked (through Enterprise
>Manager) and the logins looked correct.  I tried changing the
>passwords, and that didn't work.  I tried typing uppercase, mixed
>case, and lowercase, and that didn't fix the problem.

>I finally deleted the users and set them back up exactly as they were
>migrated over, and they now work.  Has anyone else experienced this
>problem?  Will this be fixed in the final version?

>Thanks,

>Andrea Ballard
>Database Administrator/Application Programmer
>Premier Service Systems, Inc.

1. SQL Server 7.0 Upgrade - Logins not working

After I migrate over our SQL Server 6.5 database over to SQL Server
7.0, I tried to log on using some of the migrated logins.  These did
not work, although the sa account did.  I looked (through Enterprise
Manager) and the logins looked correct.  I tried changing the
passwords, and that didn't work.  I tried typing uppercase, mixed
case, and lowercase, and that didn't fix the problem.

I finally deleted the users and set them back up exactly as they were
migrated over, and they now work.  Has anyone else experienced this
problem?  Will this be fixed in the final version?

Thanks,
Andrea Ballard
Database Administrator/Application Programmer
Premier Service Systems, Inc.

2. need file off pdox 5 disk 7

3. ADO and empty Recordsets

4. Import logins from SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 7.0

5. How to get the last inserted record's primary key??

6. SQL 7.0 Not allowing this update/join that worked in 6.5

7. MSOLAP and Oracle

8. I can not connect SQL server 7.0 using SQL server 7.0 client

9. Nested Queries not working for UPD lock in SQL Server 7.0

10. index server does not work with SQL 7.0

11. index server not work with SQL 7.0

12. stored procedure with nested cursors not working under SQL Server 7.0