PTSFull or PTSLite in SP3 for S2K

Post by Kor » Sat, 10 May 2003 00:44:02

We have recently installed SP3 for SQL2K on our servers.  This service
pack includes several OLAP/Pivot Table Service components that are
installed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\

I ran the PTSFull.exe application from SP3 on a client machine and
compared the DLL versions in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole
DB\ to the server versions.  They are different (the server versions
are newer)

Am I missing something, or should Microsoft have updated the PTSFull
and PTSLite files to contain the newer DLLs, which presumably contain
a host of fixes and patches that would benefit the client workstations
as well?

Thanks

Kory