Using an OLAP Pivot Table in Excel 2000.

Using an OLAP Pivot Table in Excel 2000.

Post by Michael Banac » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:28:13

I am using an OLAP pivot table in Excel 2000, and I
understand some of the functionality of the pivot table is
lost when compared to a non-OLAP pivot table.

With a non-OLAP pivot table, I had the functionality of
going into the settings of a field and hiding values.  For
example, if I had data from 2000 through 2002 and I wanted
to look at just data from 2002 and 2001, I could hide the
data from 2000 by going into the field settings of
the "Year" field.  This is no longer an option when using
the OLAP pivot table.

Does anyone know of a way around this, or if the
functionality is available in Excel 2002?

Using an OLAP Pivot Table in Excel 2000.

Post by Bill Kora » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 06:06:01

This functionality is available in Excel 2002.  In general, if you are using
Excel for your primary OLAP client, the improved OLAP capabilities in Excel
2002 make it a worthwhile.  Outside of OLAP, the differences are pretty
minor, IMO.

--Bill

Quote:> I am using an OLAP pivot table in Excel 2000, and I
> understand some of the functionality of the pivot table is
> lost when compared to a non-OLAP pivot table.

> With a non-OLAP pivot table, I had the functionality of
> going into the settings of a field and hiding values.  For
> example, if I had data from 2000 through 2002 and I wanted
> to look at just data from 2002 and 2001, I could hide the
> data from 2000 by going into the field settings of
> the "Year" field.  This is no longer an option when using
> the OLAP pivot table.

> Does anyone know of a way around this, or if the
> functionality is available in Excel 2002?

1. Excel 2000 and OLAP/Pivot Tables

Hello Group,

Has anyone looked at the new functionality of Excel with respect to
OLAP/Pivot tables?
Is this really a step up from Excel 97?
Is Microsoft trying to play in the market that used to be contested by
the likes of Hyperion/Arbor, TM/1, Cognos, Brio and the rest of the
gang?
Will IBM respond with a LOTUS upgrade to match the Excel's?

I am asking a lot of questions here, but would like to hear some
opinions.

Thanks,

Greg Misiorek

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Paradox for Windows book(s)...

3. Performance Issues using Excel 2000 Pivot Table functionality and Analysis Services

4. VFP5(Win) Distribute to Mac?

5. Pivot table in Excel 2000 vs Excel XP

6. Mirror Database

7. Front Page Excel Pivot Table (OLAP)

8. DAO

9. Excel Pivot Table = OLAP Services??

10. OLAP cube with parent-child dimension and Excel pivot table problem

11. Excel - Pivot table - OLAP Cubes

12. Calculating customized subtotals in Excel Pivot Table based on OLAP Datasource

13. OLAP Clients and Excel Pivot table