SqlServer (7) extended stored procedure with specific dll

SqlServer (7) extended stored procedure with specific dll

Post by Sloa » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

maybe this is far out, i don't know.

cdonts.dll

can i create a SqlServer (7) extended stored procedure to use the above dll
(for email sending)?

i know i can use xp_sendmail

but i'm famaliar with the cdonts.dll, and want to use it as a basis for
adding my own extended stored procedures.

any help?

(and as much detail as possible, this is my first for using the non included
xp's)

..

sloan

SqlServer (7) extended stored procedure with specific dll

Post by pkmccarth » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

there are sp's that let you create objects - lookup sp_OACreate - I have a
book called Microsoft SQL Server 7 Secrets (ISBN 0-7645-3245-6) - chap 16
walks through using it to do, guess what, e-mail....

PKM

> maybe this is far out, i don't know.

> cdonts.dll

> can i create a SqlServer (7) extended stored procedure to use the above
dll
> (for email sending)?

> i know i can use xp_sendmail

> but i'm famaliar with the cdonts.dll, and want to use it as a basis for
> adding my own extended stored procedures.

> any help?

> (and as much detail as possible, this is my first for using the non
included
> xp's)

> ..

> sloan

SqlServer (7) extended stored procedure with specific dll

Post by Johan Olofsso » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

an extended sp is a win32 dll using c/c++, so you can do virtually
*anything* in it...

/johan