NEWBIE: Clustering Architecture

Post by Nick » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 21:58:21

Hi,

I'm starting from scratch on clustering and I just need a pointer in the
right direction.
I'm going to have SQL2000 on two Win2k servers.
Do I have to have a shared disk array?

--
Nick Hall
http://www.SQLfor.net

NEWBIE: Clustering Architecture

Post by Ryan Murph » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 00:47:59

Nick,

This is the place to start!  It is a truly awesome white paper on clustering
and Windows2000 Advanced Server:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/library/planning/server/clusters...

Ryan

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm starting from scratch on clustering and I just need a pointer in the
> right direction.
> I'm going to have SQL2000 on two Win2k servers.
> Do I have to have a shared disk array?

> --
> Nick Hall
> http://www.SQLfor.net

NEWBIE: Clustering Architecture

Post by Nick » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 00:55:46

Thanks Ryan,

Thats exactly what I'm looking for.

Quote:> Nick,

> This is the place to start!  It is a truly awesome white paper on
clustering
> and Windows2000 Advanced Server:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/library/planning/server/clusters...

> Ryan

> > Hi,

> > I'm starting from scratch on clustering and I just need a pointer in the
> > right direction.
> > I'm going to have SQL2000 on two Win2k servers.
> > Do I have to have a shared disk array?

> > --
> > Nick Hall
> > http://www.SQLfor.net

1. Cluster Architecture

Hi,

Having never tried clustering before I have one 'simple' question. I want to
cluster SQL2000 on Win2k OS.
For the architecture, do I have to have a shared disk array or can I have
failover between two. In other words if I had two high-spec servers which I
wanted to use, could I stick to those  two boxes and have them running as a
cluster and not be sharing anything, or do I have  to allow them to share an
array.
If I can do either, what is the recommended architecture?
Many thanks. I've read some papers on microsoft.com and it hasn't made it
absolutely clear to me.

Thanx

2. Sql 6.5 cursors

3. Clustering and Windows2000 Domain Controler architecture

4. VFP 7 grid, current record highlight

5. Cluster Architecture

6. NT Users logged in

7. (Newbie) OLAP Physical architecture

8. After Applying SP3, Profiler fails

9. newbie help please: n-tier architecture

10. newbie 9i architecture quesiton

11. Newbie DBase architecture questions

12. Pervasive architecture for a Newbie

13. Clustering Newbie: Moving Data Files